Cameras forum

General discussion

Scan Damage

by Fish / March 15, 2005 10:01 PM PST

I am just curious if a digital camera can suffer any damage from going through scanning machines.I mean like security scanners.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Scan Damage
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Scan Damage
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Depends on what country it seems.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 15, 2005 10:06 PM PST
In reply to: Scan Damage

But the US scanners that you see as you go through are very weak devices. There are some reports that in far off places, they use very old scanners.

But you ask "any damage". The answer would have to be in the positive since your question would include scrapes, bangs, drops, atomic interactions and more rather than anything obvious like a camera failure.

Bob

Collapse -
Damage
by Fish / March 15, 2005 10:54 PM PST

Bob, I'm refering to tech damage.

Collapse -
What is "tech damage"?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 15, 2005 11:08 PM PST
In reply to: Damage

At the office, we refer to "Tech" as our friendly person who goes around fixing printers that don't print or rather, John...

Don't be vague. Use more words to ask what you want.

Just sharing that I have yet to lose any camera or device in scanners in the USA.

Bob

Collapse -
Friendly Tech
by Fish / March 15, 2005 11:35 PM PST
In reply to: What is "tech damage"?

well Bob, did you really think I was refering to the "friendly office tech" that repairs faulty printers and jumps out of scanning machines to attack cameras? If it were not for the excellent advice you normally offer us in here I would think you a were a real jerk.But since I see the "tonge in cheek" syndrome in some of your answers maybe you can see it in mine. :-)Ty for your replies also.

Collapse -
"any" damage.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 16, 2005 12:15 AM PST
In reply to: Friendly Tech

I share when I can, and key my replies to what people ask. Your post noted "any" damage so that steps beyond the common answer from Sandisk noted. For instance, how FLASH memory cells work is of keen interest here.

The cells state or charge can be upset by additional influences of that trip you are on. Is that "damage"? Does a lost picture consititute damage?

You may not care for me grinding it so finely and I can appreciate that. My subsequent questions were to determine what country and how deep down the rabbit hole we needed to go.

Bob

Collapse -
SanDisk and the US Transportation Security Administration
by snapshot2 Forum moderator / March 15, 2005 11:15 PM PST
In reply to: Scan Damage
Collapse -
Scan damage
by Fish / March 15, 2005 11:24 PM PST

Snapshot, thanks for your answer.That's what I wanted to know.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?