Samsung forum

General discussion

SC-DX103/XAA Will not run on battery

by gorf1000 / July 8, 2009 10:47 PM PDT

Hi,
I tried sending a contact e-mail through the Samsung support website and after 2 weeks I've received absolutely no response.

I received a SC-DX103/XAA camcorder for Christmas and it was working wonderfully up until May. I used the camcorder and ran the battery completely out, I plugged it in that night to charge the battery and the next day it would not turn on unless it was plugged in. At this point it works perfectly fine when it's plugged in but will not even attempt to turn on when just on the battery.

Thinking that it either was no longer charging the battery or that the battery was bad I purchased an external charger and another battery online. I charged both the original and new battery on the external charger an still it will not turn on when just on battery power.

I feel pretty confident at this point that it is not an issue with the battery itself since I have used the original and new battery after they showed successful charge on the external charger and showed charge using a volt-meter.

Is there anything I can do to try to get this to work? I love this camera and I am supposed to be videoing a wedding in October and I need this camera to work on battery.

Is there a number I can call to get some service? I live in southern New Jersey just outside of Philly and I'm not sure where the nearest service center would be.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Matt

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: SC-DX103/XAA Will not run on battery
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: SC-DX103/XAA Will not run on battery
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
What I learned.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 9, 2009 1:18 AM PDT

Forget email. Find the phone numbers. Pick up the phone and dial.

Collapse -
SC-DX103/XAA Will not run on battery
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / July 9, 2009 4:43 AM PDT

gorf1000,

If it's still under warranty, call 800-SAMSUNG and open up a service ticket. It's likely that you'll have to send the unit in to the approved service center, but they should be able to diagnose and fix the issue.

Hope that helps.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Made a Call
by gorf1000 / July 13, 2009 5:32 AM PDT

Called Samsung today, after 10 minutes explaining the problem the CSR said they'll be sending me a new battery or external charger to make sure that the battery isn't the problem (even though I've already bought another battery and charger). So in 10-14 days I should have that, then when the camera likely still does not work I have to call them back and will probably have to send it out for servicing.

Overall the response was pretty good except that once he had decided he was going to send me a new battery (or charger) he put me on hold for another 20 minutes (checking back in every 7-8 minutes) until he could get the order through and give me a tracking number.

I'll update once the battery (or charger) comes in and see where things go from there.

Collapse -
Made a Call
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / July 14, 2009 4:16 PM PDT
In reply to: Made a Call

gorf1000,

Thanks for letting me know. Keep me posted.

--HDTech

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

GREAT SHOWS WITHOUT CABLE

Get live TV over the internet

Say goodbye to cable -- check out the top five live TV streaming services available now.