Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Say, drpruner

by Angeline Booher / October 12, 2008 12:20 AM PDT

This is in reply to your kind offer of a supply of locks at wholesale from your brother- in -law.

Though it goes without saying that I would personally prefer that your brother-in-law had SE's lock business, all purchasing is done through the corporate office. Thus I assume he would have to submit a bid to the purchasing department.

Thank you for thinking of SE amd our lock needs. Happy

Angeline
Speakeasy Moderator

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Say, drpruner
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Say, drpruner
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) chuckle...;-)
by grimgraphix / October 12, 2008 1:08 AM PDT
In reply to: Say, drpruner
Collapse -
I thought he meant ...lox...
by WOODS-HICK / October 12, 2008 1:13 AM PDT

which I prefer on a croissant with mascarpone cheese and a strong onion. not the traditional configuration because I'm a maverick and current member of effete commies for McCain.

please dr, don't tell me I'm wrong

Collapse -
No, he meant locks. He has one of the best
by Angeline Booher / October 12, 2008 2:24 AM PDT

.... and most clever sense of humors here, and that post was another example.

Much the pity that it drew the responses it did in such quantity, which prompted me to answer him in a separate thread.

If this one attracts the same sort of traffic, I will use one of the corporate locks. Happy

Angeline
Speakeasy Moderator

Collapse -
so you prefer
by WOODS-HICK / October 12, 2008 4:23 AM PDT

yours on a bagel Happy

Collapse -
Off for two days; imagine my surprise
by drpruner / October 14, 2008 2:07 PM PDT

to see the other one locked. SadHappy

Collapse -
I may have finally...
by J. Vega / October 12, 2008 3:29 AM PDT

I may have finally figures out something about the Forum software. Note: It could be a matter of how I've set up my browser.
I started reading a thread that was unlocked. I went up and down thread, not reading the last one yet, and it remained unlocked. Once I read that last post, which happened to be from a Moderator, the locks appeared all through the thread. But that Moderator post was put into the thread hours before.
Could it be that with my setup, the act of reading that post triggered the locks on the rest of the posts? If so, it could explain some people appearing to post after the lock, which is not common at all, but sometimes happens. Someone with the same setup glitch wouldn't see the locks, and might reply to a post, before they had read the triggering post.
Just something I finally noticed.

Collapse -
"I can get it for you wholesale."
by Ziks511 / October 12, 2008 9:59 PM PDT

Are you sure you're a Jehovah's Witness, Doug? LOL and hope you are too.

Rob

Collapse -
(NT) That would make a good title for a play. :-)
by Angeline Booher / October 13, 2008 12:51 AM PDT
Collapse -
(NT) LOL rob
by Ziks511 / October 13, 2008 6:45 AM PDT
Collapse -
(NT) We're "people of the Book", too. :-)
by drpruner / October 14, 2008 2:06 PM PDT
Collapse -
Angeline:
by drpruner / October 28, 2008 6:39 AM PDT

Wholesale offer withdrawn STOP Supply and demand unbalanced STOP C|net pays full price cash STOP Bad-tempered posts should STOP

Collapse -
dr
by Angeline Booher / October 28, 2008 6:53 AM PDT
In reply to: Angeline:

Telegram received. Will dip into cash reserves as needed.

Finis

Angeline
Speakeasy Moderator

Collapse -
Shouldn't there be a FULL STOP at the end?
by JP Bill / October 28, 2008 6:56 AM PDT
In reply to: Angeline:
Wink
Collapse -
(NT) Funny, that's what the Mods said.
by drpruner / October 28, 2008 7:04 AM PDT
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?