HolidayBuyer's Guide

Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

Savng a flash animation from a website.

by dominican4114 / January 21, 2006 4:10 AM PST

I was wondering how can i save a flash animaton from a website. Like for example if it is a video i can just "save target as" but on a flash that option is not there. is there anyway to do this? thanks

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Savng a flash animation from a website.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Savng a flash animation from a website.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
anyone?
by dominican4114 / January 22, 2006 7:14 AM PST

can anyone help me with this?

Collapse -
Saving a flash object...
by John.Wilkinson / January 22, 2006 1:26 PM PST

There are third-party applications and addins that can do this, but I don't know of any good free ones. Now, for some odd reason Internet Explorer does not save flash objects, but Firefox does. Thus, I suggest downloading the free alternative browser Firefox, going to the website, and doing a file->save page as. Select ''webpage, complete,'' the locations, and Save. Then, go to the location you saved the webpage, open the respective folder, and you'll find the flash object inside. You can keep it all and open everything as the original website, or you can just copy out the flash object, delete the rest, and play it using RealPlayer or the like. It's the the simplest method, but it's fast, free, and gives you a better browser too.

Hope this helps,
John

Collapse -
thanks
by dominican4114 / January 25, 2006 12:54 PM PST

yes that does help. now i got another question, what do i do if i want to put the flash on a website such as myspace.com. i have a hosting site but have no idea how to get it on there. thanks for the help

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Does MySpace accept flash objects?
by John.Wilkinson / January 27, 2006 11:00 AM PST
In reply to: thanks
Collapse -
Doesn't work with all Flash objects
by jahan / January 27, 2006 7:09 PM PST

I was interested to see what would be posted RE this subject because my daughter had just asked me a couple of weeks ago if she could save a 'My Liitle Pony' song from a website that was using Flash and I had been trying to save episodes of ***** Duck. In both cases, Firefox was the browser used and the page was saved as a whole except the Flash object would be lost in the process (lost, or would not play).
I told my daughter I didn't think it was possible to save the Flash component of these pages for some reason (most probably because the makers of these files didn't want them to be saveable).
Any ideas?

Collapse -
(NT) BTW
by jahan / January 27, 2006 7:12 PM PST

I have Macromedia Suite installed and the saved HTML files would not with it either. What gives?

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.