General discussion

saving the titles of videos.

I am trying to save and/or print just the names of my videos. I have saved all 483 dvds i own on my computer so I can put them on my portable player. What I need to do is have a copy of all the names of my videos so I know what I have without having to go through each DVD box or go line by line. I'm just not sure how to do this.

Please help,
Thanks.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: saving the titles of videos.
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: saving the titles of videos.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Re: saving the titles of video's

That depends on your computer (is it Mac or Windows or Linux) and on how you can see the title now if you go "line by line". Can you tell more?
Kees

- Collapse -
Titles

Sorry about the lack of info.. I'm running windows 7 pro and Windows 7 ultimate. The folder is set to read the title, size and length. All I want is to print out a copy of the titles so I don't have to dig through a pile of dvds or all 483 lines of titles in that folder(or more as I add). I have tried to do a copy and paste in to notepad, MS word, MS word processor, all with no luck.

The other part to this is my wife is even less computer literate than I am and she also wants to know what movies we have so she can pick out a few and I can put them on the player for her.

- Collapse -
Link only.
- Collapse -
Link Only

That is going to work just fine. It will also work for my music files as well. Thank you very much.

CNET Forums

Forum Info