- Word and Excel have autosave options in Tools>Options. See the help if they are not self-explanatory. Or have a look at http://www.google.com/search?q=word+autosave
- Access will save any change in it's database as soon as it's done. No problem there.
- Don't know about Powerpoint, but http://www.amset.info/tips/office-recovery.asp says it has also.
And no, things not saved are lost if the program quits. But you can set the Autosave option to 1 minute if you prefer so.
Hope this helps.
i am new to this forum, and was wondering.
does anyone know how to:
1. excel, word, powerpoint, and access
to auto save every x minutes?
2. and if lost connection can some how
office save a copy of the cost connection if
after some edits are done on the document
and before the timed auto saved, can you set some
setting to make sure no data is lost? setting
up some sort of fault tolerance with Office?
Wisconsin Rapids, WI, USA
Assist Network Admin
for a Credit Union.
ps. i think this is possible but sort of forgot where
you can do this? thanks!;D