Question

Satellite A505 S6005 not coming out of sleep/hibernation

Hi everyone, Ever since I upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 my laptop (Satellite A505 S6005) will go into sleep mode without issue but refuses to wake up up. I have to do a hard power down in order for it to turn off. I've checked my power settings and everything is the same as it was for Win 7.

I found online that it seems to be a possible issue with the Intel Management Engine Interface not being the right version. I'm currently on driver version 6.0.0.1179. I've tried to upgrade it to a new version but Windows states I have the best version for my PC. Have also tried via Tosiba and Intel help sites for a new version with no success.

Anyone run into a similar situation or have any idea as how to get a new driver version?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Satellite A505 S6005 not coming out of sleep/hibernation
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Satellite A505 S6005 not coming out of sleep/hibernation
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
There are much newer versions.
- Collapse -
Intel Chipset Driver reinstall was the fix

Proffitt, thanks for the direction and help. It seems the reinstall of the Intel Chipset driver via Toshiba got things back in order for the sleep issue. PC now wakes up without trouble as before.

The new driver versions still won't load onto my pc but that is fine. Everything is working as before the upgrade to win 10. Thanks again.

CNET Forums