General discussion

SATA install issue

I am having a heck of a time with this. I am trying to install Windows XP on a Lenovo R60e that has a SATA hard drive. I cannot for the life of me find the driver. I cannot seem to find anything resembling this driver on Lenovo's "Driver Matrix" or anywhere else on their site. Is there a generic one out there that anyone knows of?

I want to slipstream this into an XP install, but I can't do it without the driver.

Laptop details-
Lenovo R60e Type=0657-3AU
Currently running Debian Linux (until I can get XP working.)

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: SATA install issue
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: SATA install issue
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Exactly...

Where did you come up with that? I could not find that in the list anywhere, the only one that I saw regarding the hard drive was just an energy efficiency app.

- Collapse -
Where I came up with it

We've had IBMs and Lenovos for some time and I've had to do some digging. Maybe you want to keep this as a bookmark as a place to start.

Lenovo support

CNET Forums