Headphones & Mp3 Players forum

General discussion

Sansa e260 and URGE

by kpo6969 / February 15, 2007 2:04 PM PST

I am having a problem with syncing some of my songs to the player. I later discovered that I was syncing every time I connected to my computer.I have since corrected that problem with URGE and got my DMRs restored(they took a week to get back to me).In the meantime I was in contact with Sandisk about this and their telling me their player is not compatable with URGE's music to go subscription service.But there is a direct link on URGE to players they like(4 of them)and Sansa e200 series is one of the four and it is also on the play for sure website stating they are compatable.After 7 emails back and forth their final statement to me was URGE's file format is not supported by Sandisk(yet).Even though in the product manual for the e260 on Sandisk website says it supports protected DMR files(page45).Then I was told by URGE(on one of the 10 emails I've sent over the past week(last thursday's was answered only today)that the player also had to be Janus enabled.I have no idea what that is. The bottom line is I have 117 tracks in WMP11's library and on my Sansa.102 are playable,2 are not on player at all,4 are bad(which hopefully I can correct on my own,and 9 just need to be synced. URGE says it will work, Sandisk says not compatable,but it seems like it mostly works.Anyone use URGE and a Sansa? I am totally confused and any thoughts or imput would be greatly appreaciated. Thanks

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Sansa e260 and URGE
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Sansa e260 and URGE
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) I GUESS NOBODY CAN HELP ME!
by kpo6969 / February 16, 2007 4:17 PM PST
In reply to: Sansa e260 and URGE
Collapse -
(NT) ??????
by kpo6969 / February 17, 2007 4:32 PM PST
Collapse -
Sorry, I don't know either.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 18, 2007 6:40 AM PST
In reply to: Sansa e260 and URGE

But I will share I don't own anything but CDs. They don't show such issues and the ripped content plays everywhere I want. Maybe you can stop feeding the companies that use DRM and they'll slowly work out what's wrong?

Bob

Collapse -
(NT) THANK YOU RON
by kpo6969 / February 18, 2007 7:06 AM PST
Collapse -
MORE INFO- AN EXERCISE IN FUTILITY
by kpo6969 / February 19, 2007 2:29 AM PST
In reply to: THANK YOU RON

I HAVE CHECKED OUT A FORUM DEDICATED SOLELY TO SANSA e200(ANYTHING BUT IPODS) AND I CAN SEE THAT MY PLAYER DOES WORK WITH URGE. I MUST BE DOING SOMETHING WRONG IN SYNCING OR MY SETTINGS ARE WRONG. IT SOUNDS LIKE A XP RELATED PROBLEM. I WAS PROVIDED WITH A LINK BELOW TO SEE IF THIS IS THE PROBLEM. THIS DOES NOT SEEM TO BE A DMR PROBLEM SINCE ALL MY RIGHTS ARE CURRENT AND UP TO DATE. XP SAYS DEVICE DOES NOT SUPPORT SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE AND STATES DEVICE'S CERTIFICATE CAN NOT BE OBTAINED. ANYWAY I WILL CONTINUE MY QUEST FOR SOMEONE WHO COULD HELP ME ON SOME OTHER FORUM THAT MIGHT BE MORE USER FRIENDLY. THANKS ANYWAY

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/914087/en-us

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?