Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Sandra Day O'Connor resigns

Let the battle begin!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Sandra Day O'Connor resigns
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Sandra Day O'Connor resigns
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
You beat me by three minutes!

In reply to: Sandra Day O'Connor resigns

Two words: "Extraordinary circumstances." Expect to hear them irrespective of who's nominated, as long as it's President Bush and not Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi or Trd Kennedy doing the nominating.

Collapse -
Ann Coulter is selected nominee to replace Sandra O'Conner!

In reply to: You beat me by three minutes!

Well, not really, but a few liberals just passed out in shock. Someone pick Dave K up off the floor please. Smelling salts here!

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) This is a tragedy for the country.

In reply to: Sandra Day O'Connor resigns

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Why?

In reply to: (NT) This is a tragedy for the country.

Collapse -
Because Day was wrong on

In reply to: (NT) Why?

many issues, but she was also right on many. She appeared to be open to new arguments and changing circumstances. It is unlikely that bush's handlers would allow him to nominate anyone with half her qualifications.

Dan

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) or the democrats you mean

In reply to: Because Day was wrong on

Collapse -
...and what issues was she right on...OR...

...is this just some more of your literary excesses as your previous "cop out" answer indicated?

Collapse -
Bush's handlers

Do you think you could make posts that properly capitalize our President's name and treat him at LEAST with a modicum of respect? It is clear you don't like the decisions he makes, but he has been elected and re-elected and has earned the right to make them.

Collapse -
Well it would be better...

In reply to: (NT) This is a tragedy for the country.

if Ginzberg would resign...

But don't worry, Dan. W will nomintae someone good. Have some faith.

Collapse -
I have faith that

In reply to: Well it would be better...

bush's handlers will only allow him to nominate someone who makes Justice Thomas look like Justice Brandeis.

Dan

Collapse -
Your cheery optimism warms my heart

In reply to: I have faith that

but your continual reference to "bush's handlers" allowing him to do this or that are pure, hateful slime. For shame.

Collapse -
That's just silly.

In reply to: Your cheery optimism warms my heart

There is no chance that I hate the president.

Dan

Collapse -
Yeah, right.

In reply to: That's just silly.

Does it occur to you that attitudes like yours are part of what makes decent people reject liberalism over and over again?

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Nope.

In reply to: Yeah, right.

Collapse -
They all work for me, yuk yuk yuk!

In reply to: Yeah, right.

They all drive people to the Republican party, even as they drive me away from this place, lol.

Can't stand 'em. Nobody can for long.

DE

Collapse -
Hmmm...

In reply to: They all work for me, yuk yuk yuk!

"Snide, demeaning, baiting comments are not acceptable, whether born of one?s individual political views or party spin."

--Unknown

Dan

Collapse -
Stop the presses

In reply to: Hmmm...

Pot Calls Kettle Black!
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) lol i didnt read this b4 i replied

In reply to: Stop the presses

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) thats you to the tee like calling the kettle black

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Yeah, Dan, that's just what I was gonna say 'bout you.

Collapse -
I didn't see anything that was...

..."snide, demeaning,or baiting comments". That must be just YOUR OPINION...which with your lack of standing, doesn't mean a whole lot.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Practice what you preach!!!

Collapse -
Your choice of terms ...

In reply to: That's just silly.

... and deliberate non-capitalization of his proper name makes YOU the one that looks small.

Collapse -
Please --- no

In reply to: I have faith that

Collapse -
Heavens no.

In reply to: Please --- no

I've only seen one post so far that was deeply offensive to the recent moderators' policy statement, but I decided not to send an alert.

Dan

Collapse -
Answering...

In reply to: Heavens no.

Collapse -
Surely you don't believe that.

In reply to: Answering...

Everyone can post anything they want. The only way for permission to be denied is for the post to be removed. If your statement were true then only posts that had never been replied to would ever be deleted. We all know that this is not the case.

It is a moot point in any case. The post in question has a vanishingly small chance of being pulled regardless its blatant violation of the recent policy statement.

Dan

Collapse -
Yes I do.

In reply to: Surely you don't believe that.

If somebody posts something snideto me , and I answer that, I'm saying, "OK,I'll see you that and raise you." Then he/she raise me, then I raise him/her, then I should not complain. I am baiting, the other guy is baiting and so on.

From then on, the other guys knows what I don't like, and knows that I will help stir the pot. So he'll be on the lookout for me, and I will be for him, both of us poised and ready to go, waiting to see who fires the first shot. It takes two to play.

Angeline
Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email
semods4@yahoo.com

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) So when did you change your policy?

In reply to: Heavens no.

Collapse -
Angeline, you mean you're getting Mod Alerts from

In reply to: Please --- no

...the "crybabies"?...LOL. I'd betcha you don't have any from the "goodguys".

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.