Question

Sanders in 2020?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Sanders in 2020?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Sanders in 2020?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
A Sanders, Biden ticket

Just might work. Not my idea but I've heard this kicked around the office and other places.

- Collapse -
Might work

Perhaps a Biden Sanders ticket would appeal to the more moderate.
I'm not interested in a pol who has far left or right ideas.

- Collapse -
There are too many of Sanders'

agenda that Biden wouldn't be able to get passed (look at Sanders' history in the Senate where he had done absolutely NOTHING and NONE of his 'bills' ever even were taken seriously enough to garner support from others), and Sanders would see Biden as just another BO or the LIAR. Biden also has a large number of 'racist' statements (the media called them 'gaffes' and 'Joe being Joe' moments) that will be aired over and over again to prove the Dems' position on various groups of people.

Besides, they're both older than dirt and with both being 'old white guys' how would they be able to push the left view of Republicans being the party of 'old white guys' running the country?

- Collapse -
Biden would not try

To get some of Sanders far left ideas passed.

That's why Biden should be at the top of the ticket.....to put the brakes on Sanders.

Sanders has a following.....read that as voters.

Biden has been known to have bouts of foot in mouth disease.

Trump has shown in just a year to have both feet in his mouth.

The way Trump and the repubs are going the dems could field Mickey Mouse and have a shot at winning.

Did any of Trump's bills pass while he was in congress?
Oops......Trump was never in congress.
In fact he does not know how congress functions and does not care.

I'd like to see the dems field a younger moderate but who has the name rec?

- Collapse -
First, thanks for the replies and ideas.
- Collapse -
Like Mutt and Jeff?

I would have preferred Biden to Obama or Clinton but I can't place Sanders anywhere on a ticket with Biden. The VP should be a reasonable replacement for the prez should something unfortunate happen and be consistent in their vision. Perhaps few today look past the "R" or "D" after the name thinking there's little to no difference...because the party runs the show anyway...or tries to.

- Collapse -
Sanders

Is too far left for me.
What he brings to the party is voters.....lots of voters.

Yes there are many people who go to the polls and vote for the R or D and have no idea what they are voting for.

CNET Forums

Forum Info