Samsung forum

General discussion

SamsungTech - Please answer these questions honestly.

by mmoran27 / September 30, 2009 11:41 PM PDT

Everyone else, please read.

1) Have you ever owned a Samsung plasma before?
2) Does your unit buzz so loud that it can be heard 30 to 40 feet away?
3) Why does Samsung tell everyone this is normal? On their website they state it is normal and recommend standing 15 feet away and turning up the volume until you can't hear it anymore? You do realize that in quiet scenes you can still hear the buzzing? How about just turning off the TV and watch another brand that does not buzz.
4) Why are there thousands or more complaints about this issue on avsforums.com and the internet (google) and not one person that I have seen has said that their problem was repaired successfully?
5) Why is my set still buzzing after Samsung already repaired it (replaced all components)?
6) Why did the tech that did the repair say that the issue cannot be repaired?
7) Why is Samsung telling people to get their units repaired when there are no known fixes for this?

Plasmas do buzz and I saw several posts where in one you said someone didn't even know his crt buzzed for 7 years. The difference is he put his head up to it to hear it. These Samsungs buzz can be heard 30-40 feet away.

I bet that SamsungTech will not respond to any of these valid questions in any way, because doing so would admit there is a problem and would make them liable to fix the issue instead of pulling the whool over everyones eyes about the fact that Samsung is unwilling to fix the problem.

I am now going through executive relations trying to get my money refunded. Please do not buy Samsung products.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: SamsungTech - Please answer these questions honestly.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: SamsungTech - Please answer these questions honestly.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Me Too
by dannyhi / October 1, 2009 3:09 AM PDT

Here is my story it almost as yours.

Under warranty I was delivered a new PN58B650S1FXZA Plasma on September 29th (2 days ago). I inspected the unit for physcial defects when the delivery guys where there and quickly flipped on the screen to make sure it came on. Everything looked great.

After they left I watched a 30 minute program and heard a constant buzzing noise coming from the front of the screen. It's worse in some areas of the room and can be heard from at least as far back as 10 feet. I live in Minnesota there are no eleveation issues. I had a Samsung PN58A650 (2008 model) that did not have this horrible buzzing sound issue. The TV is to the point of giving me a headache when watching it.

I called ECR and they said I have to go through a repair process. Based on everything I have read there is no "FIX". I called the Samsung authorized repair company here in Minneapolis and they don't have much hope of a fix either.

I really want my money back at this point or switch to the Samsung 55 inch LCD model that does not buzz. Beleive me I have done the research. The picture is stellar on the B650. If there was no buzz I would love it as I think it's the best picture I have ever seen on a television.

I have been extremely patient with Samsung. I don't feel I have been treated very well or timely on dealing with the defects.

Would it help to create a web site dedicated to this issue to get the proper attention?

My transaction number with ECR is 4005612803 on this issue.

Collapse -
Big Surprise - ECR telling me to bend over and take it
by mmoran27 / October 1, 2009 4:03 AM PDT
In reply to: Me Too

I am having no luck with ECR. They want to keep repairing the set even though we all know that it is not a repairable issue.

I say go for it. Repair it as many times as you like. It's your dime.

I figure while the set is still under warranty I will keep bugging them every day until this is either resolved or my money is refunded.

I am also still looking legal counsel as well.

Collapse -
Why am I not surprised that SamsungTech is not responding
by mmoran27 / October 1, 2009 11:55 PM PDT

Samsung has the poorest quality control in the industry and their tech support is horrible.

SamsungTech just back this up even more.

Collapse -
Don't buy!
by junkan_68 / October 2, 2009 12:14 AM PDT

I returned mine as many others I heard of.

Collapse -
Samsung deny deney lie?
by freshsqueezedsaturns / October 2, 2009 8:31 AM PDT
In reply to: Don't buy!

A couple of Samsung apologists there that are getting their tv's fixed under the 50 person program don't want to hear your complaints, fair enough, but that leaves FAR more owners out in the cold with their Tv's going click click click.

Lots of reference info for the story.

http://forums.cnet.com/5208-13973_102-0.html?threadID=357687&start=75&tag=forum-w;forums06

"Ladybug - New!
by freshsqueezedsaturns - 02/10/09 2:23 PM In reply to: Yes, it's getting fixed! by ladybug.kerri
You talk about taking the high road implying what, that I have not? (or do you mean my choice today when confronted with purchasing a new printer and I skipped the Samsung one and bought HP instead)

It isn't about saving me stress, it is about getting a Corporation to do the right thing. Samsung U.S. is, Samsung Canada and elsewhere aren't.

My reaction is reasonable in light of Samsung Canada's handling of my, and others problem related to the capacitor issue. My comments are not nearly as harsh as the ones below I found from other owners who got a much similar email response from Samsung Canada's office of the President, OR, the ones from U.S. owners, you know, in the US where you "are usually always willing to help others".

I know more than one authorized Samsung repair facility is well aware of the capacitor issue, and why they didn't want to sell me a new Samsung power board because they said they use the same (insert my words CRAP) capacitors and they expected to be back in a year or so. They also indicated they have spoken to Samsung for some time about upgrading the caps because they were seeing this problem often! So while some at Samsung deny the existence of the issue, we know better!

Having that knowledge makes it all the more frustrating hearing BS from Samsung Canada.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/TVs-VCRs/Samsung/samsung-lcd-tv-quit-working-af-43ea9.htm

http://www.planetfeedback.com/index.php?level2=blog_viewpost&topic_id=272424&reply_id=144163

I particularly enjoyed this one:

"Sent: July 31, 2009 1:52 AM
To: Customer Care (OOP)
Subject: BROKEN LNT4661FX DEFECTIVE CAPACITOR PROBLEM

Good morning,

I purchased a LNT4661FX Samsung LCD television from Teppermans in London Ontario on July 5th, 2007. Firstly I should mention that this television was purchased for a theatre
room in out basement and was only used for 40-50 hours usage for when our grandchildren would come to visit and watch movies. Appromately 2 months ago the television started clicking on and off for 5 to 10 minutes before actually turning on (exact same problem mentioned from the posters from the link I have provided below). Now the unit will not function at all.

http://techreport.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=37&p=958447

There appears to be quite an issue with placing the wrong sized capacitors in this unit. I see Samsung has made good on the issue with a number of these units by replacing or honoring fair marked value for the defective units. My question to you is what can I have done about this defective television?

Best regards,

Subject: LNT4661FX
Received: Friday, July 31, 2009, 9:03 AM

Dear Sir,

In reference to your email; thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience with Samsung. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused you. However, we regret to inform you that we are unable to accommodate your request for warranty coverage at this time due to the expiry of your limited warranty. We have confirmed with our Quality Control department that the model you own does not exhibit any widespread issues that may cause concerns. Furthermore, your specific unit does not have any service history that we may review for further consideration of your request. Therefore, we regret that if you wish to have your unit repaired you will be required to cover all necessary service costs. If you have any further inquiries regarding warranty terms and/or conditions please contact our customer care line at 1 800 SAMSUNG.

Thank you for your time and we appreciate your cooperation

Ahmed
Office of the President
Samsung Electronics Canada Inc.

Friday, July 31, 2009 12:44 PM
sender to ContactsTo: "Customer Care (OOP)"

Well there Ahmed you better confirm again with your quality control department that this model does not exhibit any widespread issues! I AM TELLING YOU THERE ARE HUNDREDS OF YOUR CUSTOMERS ONLINE WITH THIS SAME ISSUE, LOOK IT UP YOUR SELF, I EVEN GAVE YOU THE DAMN LINK. YOU PUT FAULTY CAPACITORS IN THIS MODEL... PERIOD. I want the same damn respect you gave your other customer with the same exact television and the same exact issue.

Ahmed this is very very pathetic, you and I both know this. I am in the market for purchasing 9 50" and another 11 42" televisions for a sport pub I have recently aquired with my brother, think we will be using Samsungs? That was the origional plan. I will be going first thing Monday morning to every online site possible to share my exact experience with Samsung today if I can not get any satisfaction. I am sure the better business bureau will enjoy that samsung has places out of standard capacitors in this model television and in turn is having hundreds of complaints online for broken units. Thanks Ahmed Yahiouche, I will be sure to share our conversation here today. Feel free to visit ripoffreport.com for the beginning of my journey.

Cheers,

Mr green
London, Ontario
Canada

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?