Here is my story it almost as yours.
Under warranty I was delivered a new PN58B650S1FXZA Plasma on September 29th (2 days ago). I inspected the unit for physcial defects when the delivery guys where there and quickly flipped on the screen to make sure it came on. Everything looked great.
After they left I watched a 30 minute program and heard a constant buzzing noise coming from the front of the screen. It's worse in some areas of the room and can be heard from at least as far back as 10 feet. I live in Minnesota there are no eleveation issues. I had a Samsung PN58A650 (2008 model) that did not have this horrible buzzing sound issue. The TV is to the point of giving me a headache when watching it.
I called ECR and they said I have to go through a repair process. Based on everything I have read there is no "FIX". I called the Samsung authorized repair company here in Minneapolis and they don't have much hope of a fix either.
I really want my money back at this point or switch to the Samsung 55 inch LCD model that does not buzz. Beleive me I have done the research. The picture is stellar on the B650. If there was no buzz I would love it as I think it's the best picture I have ever seen on a television.
I have been extremely patient with Samsung. I don't feel I have been treated very well or timely on dealing with the defects.
Would it help to create a web site dedicated to this issue to get the proper attention?
My transaction number with ECR is 4005612803 on this issue.
Everyone else, please read.
1) Have you ever owned a Samsung plasma before?
2) Does your unit buzz so loud that it can be heard 30 to 40 feet away?
3) Why does Samsung tell everyone this is normal? On their website they state it is normal and recommend standing 15 feet away and turning up the volume until you can't hear it anymore? You do realize that in quiet scenes you can still hear the buzzing? How about just turning off the TV and watch another brand that does not buzz.
4) Why are there thousands or more complaints about this issue on avsforums.com and the internet (google) and not one person that I have seen has said that their problem was repaired successfully?
5) Why is my set still buzzing after Samsung already repaired it (replaced all components)?
6) Why did the tech that did the repair say that the issue cannot be repaired?
7) Why is Samsung telling people to get their units repaired when there are no known fixes for this?
Plasmas do buzz and I saw several posts where in one you said someone didn't even know his crt buzzed for 7 years. The difference is he put his head up to it to hear it. These Samsungs buzz can be heard 30-40 feet away.
I bet that SamsungTech will not respond to any of these valid questions in any way, because doing so would admit there is a problem and would make them liable to fix the issue instead of pulling the whool over everyones eyes about the fact that Samsung is unwilling to fix the problem.
I am now going through executive relations trying to get my money refunded. Please do not buy Samsung products.