Samsung forum

Alert

Samsungparts.com knowingly sells incorrect parts

by Uncle_Larry / August 3, 2012 11:54 PM PDT

It is amazing how many threads there are on the internet about people receiving incorrect dongles for wireless internet service. Apparantly this practice has been going on for a minimum of 3 years. I recently purchased a WIS09ABGN dongle only to receive the WIS09ABGN2 instead. Apparantly this has happened to thousands of other unsuspecting consumers. While the parts are not interchangable and Samsung is clearly aware of this, the paractice has been going on for many years. The parts are not returnable through their parts distributer and they don't have the correct part available as it was discontinued in 2008 or 2009. I wonder if anyone is intersted in contacting consumers who have fallen prey to this and is interested in creating a Class action law suit against Samsung for fraud.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsungparts.com knowingly sells incorrect parts
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsungparts.com knowingly sells incorrect parts
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Had the same issue with Ford, GM and others.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 4, 2012 6:06 AM PDT

I've never heard of any issue with returns for the right parts. There are many reasons for the issue you write about but so far, I call in to work it out.
Bob

Collapse -
Part was discontinued long ago
by Uncle_Larry / August 4, 2012 10:47 PM PDT

I am not sure I understand your comment. Of course every manufacturer has shipping issues and mistakes can happen from time to time. In this case, the correct part was discontinued in 2009-2010 when the subsequent generation of televisions were produced. Each Samsung class of products has a different wireless dongles. The dongle needed for televisions made in 2009, was discontinued. The similar sounding dongle does not function as a substitute and never has. The substiute was designed for Blu-Ray players, not televisions. It was never designed or created to be used for their televisions. Samsung is aware of this. It is possible tht initially they did not check for backwards compatibility, as a result were unaware that they no longer has a wireless dongle for their televisons made prior to 2010. However the issue has been going on for several years. Itis virtually impossible for them to not know of the issue at this point.They no longer produce the part needed, yet still sell a part. When customers complain, they refuse to take back the item as a return. They can't exchange it for the correct part, because it is no longer manufactured. Below is a thread on the same issue dating back to 2009. Do you really think Samsung is unaware?

""WIS09ABGN2 not same as WIS09ABGN, why?!

by abell98 - 12/5/09 9:13 AM

I purchased a Samsung LED (UN46B8000XFXZA) and Blu-ray (HTBD1250) along with a wireless toggle (WIS09ABG) earlier this year. The toggle works fine with either system.

To avoid switching the wireless toggle back and forth from the TV and Blu-ray, I recently purchased another toggle. I guess the WIS09ABGN model is discontinued, so I received a similar model, except that it has a "2" at the end (WIS09ABGN2).

Neither the TV nor Blu-ray recognize the new (WIS09ABGN2) toggle. Since the old toggle works fine with both equipment, I know the problem resides with the new toggle. I plugged the new toggle into my laptop (Lenovo T61, Windows 7) to see if it was dead. However, the laptop reconginzed and even installed the new wireless toggle.

So the TV and Blu-ray with the old toggle work, and the new toggle works on its own. But the new toggle does not work with the TV and Blu-ray. What am I doing wrong? Is there a firm upgrade?

Samsung phone customer service was useless, as were Samsung Parts (aka, J&J international) from whom I ordered the toggle.

Hope you can help!!""

There are many, many posts all over the internet of the same issue happening to others. I am willing to bet that thousands of customers have gone through this.

Collapse -
Sorry. Can't help.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 5, 2012 4:06 AM PDT

I'm not am employee and therefore can't expedite the exchange. If you want to make a lawsuit over that, you should find yourself deep in debt and worse for the experience.

Good luck and sorry to see that you didn't sort it out with them.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?