General discussion

Samsung YP-Z5 Help please music sounds squashed

I have had my MP3 above for a good few years and haven't used it for same then a few weeks ago I thought I would use it again, so i plugged it in to my laptop using the usb cable which is using windows 7 and media 10 - transferred the music files accross by MTP everything looked absolutely fine, could see albums, their covers, song titles etc. Then I listened to it I can only say that it sounds squashed, you can hear the music but not the singing and the music sounds distorted I have changed the headphones 3 times and its really weird, I can find no one who has experienced it let alone find out how to fix it, I would appreciate anyones help please.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Samsung YP-Z5 Help please music sounds squashed
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Samsung YP-Z5 Help please music sounds squashed
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
I presume the files normally sound fine,,,

...when played on your laptop?

It's possible that some of the playback circuitry within the YP-Z5 has degraded over time, though that seems a bit unusual given what you've described about its recent usage. When you put away the player for its 'vacation', was it stored in a (relatively) safe, dry location? No chance of it becoming damaged from static discharge or anything else similar that could harm the unit?

- Collapse -
The files sound fine when played on my laptop

I put it in the phone charger drawer!! don't think it could have become damaged, i am really at a loss as to what it can be

CNET Forums

Forum Info