Samsung forum

General discussion

Samsung Yp-P3 and Emodio Software

by cl5621 / July 27, 2009 12:10 AM PDT

Dear Mr Samsung Tech: what program does Samsung recommend using to rip Cd's to the P3 media player, Emodio or WMP 11 ? Also, would you happen to know why the album art doesn't transfer to the P3 using either of these programs. The version Emodio is 1.0.6.8. Thank you.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung Yp-P3 and Emodio Software
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung Yp-P3 and Emodio Software
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Samsung Yp-P3 and Emodio Software
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / July 28, 2009 11:15 AM PDT

cl5621,

You can use either WMP10, WMP11 or the Emodio v.1.0. There could be several reasons that some album art isn't shown - it may not have been downloaded prior to the rip, or it may not have been properly attached to the file. While you might be able to launch the file on the computer, Windows Media Player may search and find the album art, but it doesn't necessarily mean that it is embedded.

One other option is to find a small picture of the album art you want, and then add that in the album folder. In some cases, that may help solve the issue as well.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Samsung YP-P3 and album art
by jeb1957 / July 28, 2009 12:59 PM PDT

Using WMP 11 on XP...have been trying since I got this device on 7/23 to get album art to appear on player, no luck yet. How do you embed or properly attach the album art file? I tried downloading the image prior to rip - no luck. I tried copying a small picture, no luck there either. Thanks

Collapse -
Still No album Art
by cl5621 / July 29, 2009 1:35 AM PDT

i ripped some cd's last nite using WMP 11 and EmoDio (not at the same time). songs ripped, album art displays within both of these programs during the process, but the album art doesn't transfer into the P3. i noticed that the first time i sync'd the P3 with WMP 11 all the music files and album art that was pre-installed in my computer when i first bought it DID transfer into the P3, but not the cd's i ripped. strange ?

Collapse -
album art
by jeb1957 / July 29, 2009 10:03 AM PDT
In reply to: Still No album Art

cl5621 -- I too found that pre-installed album art came up on my P3. It must be the firmware on the device that is deficient in some way because I previously had a Xen player and album art transferred fine to that from WMP.

If you ever find an answer to this, please let me know via this forum. I am tracking the thread and I will do the same.

Collapse -
used emodio - it works!
by jeb1957 / July 30, 2009 11:35 AM PDT
In reply to: Still No album Art

cl5621

Finally messed around with Emodio software tonite. It transfers album art. Just wanted to let you know.

Collapse -
Excellent !!!
by cl5621 / July 30, 2009 1:55 PM PDT

jeb1957

Congrats..when you have a minute could you explain what you did to get the album art to transfer using emodio ?

Thanks !

Collapse -
Emodio instructions
by jeb1957 / July 31, 2009 10:14 AM PDT
In reply to: Excellent !!!

Bring Emodio up.
Put CD in.
Right click on tracks-select all
Right click - Rip CD, transfer to my PC, after CD ripped to computer:
Right click on picture of note - find album art
Click on appropriate art (auto select in bottom lefthand corner is faster), hit OK
Take CD out
Connect P3 to computer
Right click and select all tracks
Right click and highlight "transfer to device"

Can click on orange arrows at bottom to show progress of rip and download

You get red check mark at bottom right when transfer is done.

Wa-la album art. Now this is the basic. I suppose if you fool around with it, probably can make files and stuff but I was just interested in getting my album art on.

Good luck
jeb1957

Collapse -
Samsung P3 Album Art Has Arrived !
by cl5621 / July 31, 2009 1:48 PM PDT
In reply to: Emodio instructions

jeb1957

you're a genius, it works ! now all i have to do is go back and delete cds i put on using WMP 11, and rip them using emodio. you would think this works for WMP, but i guess not. if you experience any other probs or learn something new about the P3 could you share it in the future ?

thank you

Collapse -
glad for your success
by jeb1957 / August 2, 2009 4:56 AM PDT

Glad you got your art on also! I really like using WMP but I really like my album art too, so will use this.

Collapse -
song titles
by danyalelia / October 31, 2009 3:53 AM PDT
In reply to: glad for your success

is the procedure above can show the song titles also???

because I've been ripping my cd's with emodia and the song titles and art doesn't add up at all....

Collapse -
Just Curious ?
by cl5621 / November 1, 2009 11:07 PM PST
In reply to: song titles

have you tried the procedure above ? if so, what were your results ? exactly how do you go about ripping your cd's using Emodio ? which samsung mp3 player do you have ? mine's is a P3.

Collapse -
Emodio and album art
by jeb1957 / November 11, 2009 8:11 AM PST
In reply to: Just Curious ?

If you follow the steps that I typed out, you get album art and song titles. I have been doing this and it works. I have a P3 also. Let me know if I can help.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!