Headphones & Mp3 Players forum

General discussion

SAMSUNG YH-820MC 5GB music transfer

by OM3GA 13 / June 22, 2005 1:43 AM PDT

Hey, i was thinking of buying the samsung yh-820mc but i read that you needed to use napster to transfer music and actually be able to listen to it. I read the same thing about the samsung yh-920gs but then i read that you could drag and drop the music files and then you have to "rebuild library" with software that came with the player and then be able to listen to the music without using napster. Can you do the same " rebuild library" thing with the yh-820mc?? please help. thanx in advance.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: SAMSUNG YH-820MC 5GB music transfer
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: SAMSUNG YH-820MC 5GB music transfer
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
please help
by OM3GA 13 / June 23, 2005 3:34 AM PDT

i need to know if i can transfer and listen to music without making a napster account. maybe i can just drag and drop the files and then "rebuild" the library

Collapse -
you have to have a napster account?
by Bredd / June 23, 2005 1:05 PM PDT
In reply to: please help

I don't think so. They can't require a credit card to transfer your files. Seems silly. They'd like for you to use their software to make your playlists, but there's plenty of good software for mp3 files, they should all work for putting music on an mp3 player. Who told you that? Sounds like an irrational fear.

Collapse -
i read it
by OM3GA 13 / June 24, 2005 1:40 AM PDT

i read people saying that in reviews and stuff on cnet.com they say that u can drag and drop files onto the mp3 player but you cant listen to the songs. but i read that you could drag and drop songs on the samsung yh-920 and then "rebuild library" and that way you could listen to the songs. maybe you could do the same with the yh-820? i dont know . can anyone help?

Collapse -
Is Napster software mandatory?
by r0seEkn0ws / December 19, 2005 7:53 AM PST
In reply to: i read it

Now that you've used this unit for awhile, do we have to use Napster or do we have a choice to use Windows Media Player?

Collapse -
I think I found the solution!!
by r0seEkn0ws / December 20, 2005 7:59 AM PST

Go to this website: http://www.playsforsure.com/ locate the Samsung unit. Download the firmware upgrade THEY show (download file name is: 820firmwareupgrade_for_MTP.exe) and go from there. So far, I've only used this for an hour or so but it appears to work SUPER with Windows Media 10.

Just my two cents about what I discovered...

Collapse -
I need 820firmwareupgrade_for_MTP.exe please!
by polesoft / April 14, 2007 10:53 AM PDT

I need 820firmwareupgrade_for_MTP.exe , can anybody send me the file?, after that i can copy to a personal hosting to be downloaded for everybody.

polesoft.ar@gmail.com

The file is no longer available at samsung.com download center!
I cant use my unit without it!

Thanks!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.