Samsung forum

Question

Samsung White Dot Issue

by truble274 / May 2, 2011 3:05 AM PDT

Hi, I'm so upset with Samsung it's unreal!! I have a million white dots on my screen, I called Customer Service at 1-800-Samsung, the CS lady told me that it was nothing that she could help with, that I would have to pay for them to be sent out and look at my TV. This is so unfair that we have to pay for the defective product!! So much for customer service and Samsung being of help with our already paid purchases! I would love it, if this could be sent to higher means so that we as consumers would feel like somebody cares about their name as a business and customers! If this isn't taken care of free of charge I will let all know what kind of Customer Service Samsung has as well as going to higher means if need be! So upsetting!!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung White Dot Issue
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung White Dot Issue
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Samsung White Dot Issue
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / May 2, 2011 5:02 AM PDT

truble274,

Collapse -
RE: Samsung White Dot Issue
by truble274 / May 10, 2011 1:21 PM PDT

Thank you HD Tech for sending in my information to higher means!! I want to let you and all know that the very next day after posting this issue and you sent it off I was in contact with Kristyn, she was awesome!! She listened to my issues and did reiterate the policies of Samsung, although I am happy to say that my Samsung issue is resolved Thanks to all involved!!!! Woot, I'm a Happy Customer!!!! Our television is like new again, no more white dots!!!!! Thanks Samsung!!!

Collapse -
Samsung DLP HLT5076SX/XAA White Dot Issue
by roddarius / October 16, 2011 10:23 AM PDT

I am having the same issue
i contacted 1(800)SAMSUNG today i talked to a nice lady who gave me a
case number & stated that they have had alot of issues with this
model she was going to get me a service ticket started so she can get my
tv fixed so she asked for the exact date that my warranty expired i
told her i would have to contact Conns so she said no problem she gave
me this number 21095539 & told me to call back in with the info
& a date will be given to me for service. I called back talk to
Mandy id # 82372 she ask what was i told i told her then she stated we
can't fix your tv for you i was so shocked & upset since i was told
something different & went through the trouble of getting the info
needed. I purchased it April 16, 2008 & the warranty expired April
16, 2011, I had a new bulb installed twice once in April under the
warranty then a month later i seen 1 dot know they are everywhere. I
can't see the tv at all. We as customers spend to much money on products
to be treated like this. I have a 52" RCA tv I purchased 10 years ago
never had 1 problem with it. I would like to get my tv fixed I'm on a
fix income now can't afford the high prices i had read $800-$1000 for
this repair.. Maybe i will just make a BBB complaint I ask to talk to a
manager after holding for about 30 minutes she came back & stated
there was no need to talk to a supervisor about the issues.. then she
gave me another ticket number # 5102311714..

Collapse -
white dots
by 41durwood / January 18, 2012 1:11 AM PST

good luck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse -
white dot issue
by 41durwood / January 18, 2012 12:54 AM PST

sir i would like to ask for your help the service company that samsumg wants to repair my tv is in floeida i am in mississippi they want 215.00 dollars to replace the chip i would be glad to take my set to a shop surely there is someone within 50 miles any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

Collapse -
white dots
by 41durwood / January 18, 2012 1:08 AM PST

sorry i did not give you any info transaction # 2111182685 model hl-t5075s hlt5075sx\xaa serial ahdy3cmp202896e thanks

Collapse -
WHITE DOTS
by 41durwood / January 19, 2012 1:37 AM PST

emailed samsung on facebook they told me they were sorry i see other people have been helped i hope everybody likes samsung as much as i do i have been nice and tried every way to get help. the email at top of page got her tv fixed but i geuss i am not that lucky. 800.00 dollars down the drain.

Collapse -
whit dot
by 41durwood / January 19, 2012 3:56 AM PST

mr samsung tech if anyway possible you could help me i have exhausted all means i really liked my tv please help. model hl-t5075s jlt5075sx/xaa serial ahdy3cmp202896e transaction # 2111182685 i have bad dlp chip i do know that much picture is ther just white dots all over the screen thanks

Collapse -
The system has changed.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 19, 2012 4:09 AM PST
In reply to: whit dot
Collapse -
Answer
White dots and I have to pay
by BilltTiger / January 17, 2012 12:24 PM PST

<span id="INSERTION_MARKER"> <span id="INSERTION_MARKER"> I am so upset with Samsung. My fiance bought this very same TV for us back in late 2007 (october) and because we don't use it much it was last year we noticed the white dots starting. I told him he needed to contact Samsung but when you're both in college it's hard to find the time. Well finally he emailed Samsung tech support and we are being told they will send us a new DMD chip BUT WE HAVE TO PAY FOR THE LABOR!!!! That is ridiculous! I can understand if we, the consumer caused the problem but Samsung has known about these bad chips since at least 2009!!!! And to top it off, every time I contact Samsung they are refusing to give us a transaction number to document our issue.<span>It is unacceptable that the consumers have to pay out of their own pockets for a manufacture malfunction! I want this issue fully taken care of or else I'm thinking joining the possible class action lawsuit against Samsung for this issue is a good idea!<div><span id="INSERTION_MARKER">

<span id="INSERTION_MARKER">Model #: HLT5076SX/XAA
<span id="INSERTION_MARKER">Serial #: AHFM3CMP602383H
<span id="INSERTION_MARKER">Version: PH01
<span id="INSERTION_MARKER">

</div>

Collapse -
We are having the same issue!
by KellylynneH / January 18, 2012 9:49 AM PST

We are having the exact same issue right now! We bought our tv in 2007 as well. It is just a little over 4 years old and cost a lot of money! You would not expect an issue like this so soon and the irritating part is that this is a known problem/defect and we never received any type of recall notice or explanation of the issue. About a week ago we started noticing the white spots. It started with one and as of a few minutes ago we are up to 10. I did the research and Samsung has known about this issue for a while. We spoke with them on the phone yesterday and we were happy to hear that our tv qualifies for the "free" repair. They then went on to tell us that we have to pay labor! How is it a free repair if we have to pay??!! If Samsung wants to claim they are taking responsibility for the issue by offering a free repair then it should be 100% FREE to the consumer!! We agree about the idea of a class action suit.

Our model number: HLT5075SX/XAA
Serial No : AHDY3CMP205344E
Version: PD01

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?