Samsung forum

General discussion

Samsung vs Roxio Toast Titanium 9 Blu-Ray DVD's

I have two Samsung BluRay players models 1200 and 1400. I've been shooting HD video for almost 2 years. I was most pleased when Roxio released Toast Titatnium 9 that would allow me to burn BluRay quality to DVD's. (I wasn't inclined to invest $1000+ in a BluRay burner and media.) This program has worked flawlessy for me and the DVD's in BluRay quality worked perfectly on both players until I upgraded yesterday to firmware version 2.4 on my 1200 series. Now it rejects all my BluRay quality DVD's. I called Samsung tech support and they basically told me "tough luck" and that page 7 of the manual said they may not be supported. Funny that they used to work until the new firmware. I received the distinct feeling the code was changed on purpose to not work with this format. I received absolutely no sympathy or "gee I'm sorry". Very cold and uncaring. No more Samsung products for me. Sony still supports this BluRay DVD format. Please be advised.
Mr. Now Anti Samsung!!!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung vs Roxio Toast Titanium 9 Blu-Ray DVD's
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung vs Roxio Toast Titanium 9 Blu-Ray DVD's
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
up grade

In reply to: Samsung vs Roxio Toast Titanium 9 Blu-Ray DVD's

don't upgrade, if working properly, need to factory reset

Collapse -
I'm sorry to hear that.

Mr. Halterman,

Advisement respectfully noted.

I apologize for your customer service experience. I will be forwarding your comments to the appropriate management for review. I understand that it's probably too late for an apology, but I wanted to offer a sincere apology anyway. I most certainly would have handled it differently, and shown you the respect you deserve.

I have limited pull in some customer resolution situations, but I'll see what I can do: What would make this right?

--HDTech

Collapse -

In reply to: I'm sorry to hear that.

Thank you for your response. Your concern is more like I would expect. Is there any way for me to reset the firmware to the previous version? I was told by tech support that the unit would have to be sent in and the cost is a prohibitive $160. Firmware update to version 2.4 seems to be the culprit. After a visit to Best Buy and a helpful employee we found only the Panasonic model 35 would play my DVD's of Blu Ray quality. In fairness to Samsung, the new Sony 350 series does not support the format I have either. Thanks.

Collapse -
Still working on it....

Mr. Halterman,

I'll give it my best effort.

These issues take time. I have submitted a request for this to be reviewed. Like I said, I'm limited in what I can do, but I will give it my best.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Why not just downgrade firmware

In reply to: Still working on it....

Currently looking through Samsung forums and seen quite a few people having problems after upgrading there firmwares.
From what I have read from other forums you can saftely downgrade any firmware either by CD or USB, Just require the appropriate firmware that you wish to go to.

I will be downgrading my Samsung BDP-1500 from firmware 2.0 back to 1.3 in the next day so I can get back BD DVD support back.

Seems very bad form from Samsung to remove a feature from the firmware
that the player played perfectly fine without letting the customer know before updating firmwares.

George

Collapse -

In reply to: Why not just downgrade firmware

Sounds like a good idea to downgrade. How do I get the old firmware? Samsung refused to sent it to me. I went out and bought a Panasonic and dumped the Samsung for $100.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.