General discussion

SAMSUNG USB WIFI Dongle problem with HT-BD7200, UE40B6000

My Samsung wifi dongle (type WIS09ABGN) can't be configured to work with the Blue-ray disc home theatre system. Inserting the wifi dongle in the USB port correctly causes the prompt "do you wnt to configure the network?", with two options YES or NO. However, trying to answer this prompt is impossible....pressing the Enter key (or indeed any other key on the remote control or the HT-BD7200, I have tried them all) is simply ignored. I have updated the firmware on the HT-BD7200 and the UE40B6000 LED TV to the latest versions...what to do now?

Perhaps I need to also update the wifi dongle firmware? If so, how?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: SAMSUNG USB WIFI Dongle problem with HT-BD7200, UE40B6000
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: SAMSUNG USB WIFI Dongle problem with HT-BD7200, UE40B6000
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -

drcoulson,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having this issue.

Unfortunately, the dongle itself wouldn't be updated. However, if it's not working with either device, it may indicate that either the dongle is broken, or there is an issue with the Blu-Ray player.

Does the dongle work when connected to the TV?

--HDTech

- Collapse -

Thanks for your reply, but....

Everything seemed to go wrong when I updated the firmware (a few days ago) in both the Blu-ray disc (HT-BD7200) and the TV (UE40B6000). When I switch on the HT-BD7200 (without the dongle connected) I get the menu asking for language selection...I press "1" on the remote and get the response "not available" error message. So it is clearly nothing to do with the dongle...it has to be one of the firmware upgrades. Switching things off and on, pressing the stop or function buttons on the player gets rid of the language selection menu, but then I find that there is no network support for the LAN or the dongle. It looks like the HT-BD7200 is screwed up. Perhaps I should roll-back the firmware to an earlier version? Or just send the whole lots back under the warranty (the gear is less than 12 months old)?

- Collapse -

drcoulson,

With the player on and the disc tray empty, try holding down the STOP button for about 15 seconds or until it cycles. Doing that should reload the last current firmware on the player. The TV is otherwise working correctly, yes?

The language selection will pop up again, but you should be able to choose your language with the remote.

Keep me posted.

--HDTech

- Collapse -

I did as you directed, holding down the stop key so that the player reset itself (showed INIT briefly on the digital display). After this, switched it on again and the language selection menu came up. Pressed the "1" key many times, but without success. It is clear that the remote control units are working, because the light on the TV blinks when a key is pressed. It just seems that the firmware is expecting some other input from me. I tried both remote controls (TV and player) and there was a difference: when using the combo remote (setup for the BD receiver) the inputs were simply ignored. With the TV remote I got the error meesage "Not Available". Not very helpful! The remote controls are the original ones that came with the TV and player.

I note that things changed slightly after re-initialising the player...previously, (with the up-to-date version of firmware) it was possible to get around the language menu by pressing the STOP key, but since doing rolling back to the older firmware, it is now impossible to get past the language menu.

Any other suggestions?

CNET Forums

Forum Info