UN48H6350
UN50H6350
UN60H6350
UN65H6350
UN75H6350

Calibration report using these settings:
See post below

TV software/firmware version tested: T-MST14AKUC-1109.3

Below you'll find the settings I found best for viewing the TK in a dim room via the HDMI input. Your settings may vary depending on source, room conditions, and personal preference. Check out the Picture settings and calibration FAQ for more information.
http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-9996461-1.html

Calibration notes: The H6350's Movie mode, which is its most accurate preset, didn't come particularly close to the grayscale standard, especially in brighter areas. That's an interesting contrast to the nearly perfect Movie mode of the H6400, which I tested concurrently. The reason, I'm guessing, is because CNET purchased the H6350, while our H6400 review sample was supplied by Samsung. That company's Q&A labs, which is in charge of getting reviewers like me samples, likely tweaked the 6400 prior to sending it out. For that reason, I believe my settings for the H6350 should be more accurate with real-world samples than those for the H6400.

Regardless, using the H6350's extensive controls I was able to calibrate it to near perfection. The default "0" gamma came closest to my BTU 1886 target, although at the low end it was still a bit dark--the largest error of any measured parameter, and still a mere 1.7 deltaE (I shoot for errors levels less than 3). Color was almost as accurate as the grayscale/gamma, with only blue nearing the threshold. As usual, Samsung's controls work extremely well for calibrators.

Picture menu:
Backlight: 11
Contrast: 94
Brightness: 45
Sharpness: 0
Color: 50
Tint: G50/R50

--Picture Size menu--
Size: Screen Fit

--Advanced Settings sub menu--
Dynamic Contrast: Off
Black Tone: Off
Flesh Tone: 0
RGB Only Mode: Off
Color Space: Custom (see below)
White Balance: (see below)
Gamma: 0
Expert Pattern: Off
Motion Lighting: Off [grayed out]

Color Space submenu:
Color Space: Custom
Red: Red 48, Green 0, Blue 4
Green: Red 9, Green 48, Blue 5
Blue: Red 0, Green 0, Blue 45
Yellow: Red 49, Green 50, Blue 1
Cyan: Red 4, Green 54, Blue 52
Magenta: Red 46, Green 0, Blue 51

White Balance submenu:
R-Offset: -2
G-Offset: 0
B-Offset: 0
R-Gain: +1
G-Gain: -6
B-Gain: +11

10p White Balance submenu:
10 Point: On
10%: Red +16, Green +19, Blue +17
20%: Red +11, Green +16, Blue +15
30%: Red +2, Green +5, Blue +5
40%: Red -1, Green 0, Blue 0
50%: Red -1, Green -1, Blue -1
60%: Red -4, Green -5, Blue -4
70%: Red -4, Green -5, Blue -4
80%: Red -8, Green -8, Blue -8
90%: Red +1, Green 0, Blue 0
100%: Red +1, Green 0, Blue 0

--Picture options submenu
Color tone: Warm2
Digital Clean View: Off
MPEG Noise Filter: Off
HDMI black level: Normal [grayed out]
Film mode: Auto 1
Auto Motion Plus: Custom

--Auto Motion Plus submenu:
Blur reduction: 10
Judder reduction: 0
LEDClear Motion: Off

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung UNH6350 series
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung UNH6350 series
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Calibration report

In reply to: Samsung UNH6350 series

Collapse -
Thanks

Thanks for this. Don't suppose you can be convinced to post settings for game mode too, eh? Mischief

Collapse -
4k TV

Hi, thanks for this. Would these settings work for a Samsung UN60HU8550 4k tv?

Collapse -
10PT WHITE BALANCE

I'm not understanding the 10PT WHITE BALANCE menu. How does the 10%, 20% etc. work? I have the option for Red, Green Blue but am I to choose what % I want?

Thanks for the settings and I look forward to your help!!

Collapse -
Calibration for Samsung UN48H6350 with TSO1 panel

I find posts suggesting that calibration varies depending on the specific panel in various 6350 models. I have the 48" with the TSO1 panel. Will these settings be best for that panel?

Collapse -
Unexpected results...

I bought a UN60H6300, which is the same unit in Costco, and entered all these settings and the image degraded somewhat. Watching Conan OBrian there were lines moving and changing on around his suit. Then I noticed these lines in other areas; these were not seen with the default settings. I was sure this was not a color issue, so some processing was not happenning. Maybe Digital Clean and the MPEG Filter shouldn't be OFF.

Following this thinking I made a reset of the picture settings, for some reason everything went default except the Mode, which stayed Movie. The lines went away.

I just modified the basic picture settings, because I would like to understand why was Warm2 chosen for Color Tone. Also if this setting influences White Balance and Color Space; some numbers in these varied a lot from default, is that good?

Although I understand the Soap Opera Effect and don't like it, because of the lines issue, maybe some AMP processing is needed. I'll be experimenting in the next weeks, but selecting Clear provides something that I see close to the image you see in a digital theater. A good compromise?

Please offer your comments regarding my first experience.

Collapse -
Follow up...

In reply to: Unexpected results...

Watching closely, I tested Digital Clean and MPEG Filter on scenes from a movie. The MPEG Filter didn't seem to have an effect, but the Digigital Clean was notable; that's the one taking care of the lines artifact. But the Auto setting it's too much, it made the skin soften to the point of blur. I found that the Low setting was enough to solve the line's issue without softening much.

I would like to understand the Warm2 choosing and why not Standard; any yellow-orange tones seem high or intense with that setting.

Also, if I wanted to try the Standard Color Tone, will this affect White Balance and Color Space or can the same numbers be used?

Collapse -
Callibration Setting Large Living Room with Windows

Do you mind giving suggestions on calibration in a large living room that is fairly bright?

Collapse -
H6350 calibration

In reply to: Callibration Setting Large Living Room with Windows

Don't know if it makes a difference, but there is a newer soft/firm update. 2120.3 Oct.14 739megs

Collapse -
Pixelation Issues

Has anyone had issues with picture quality going bad after latest firmware update (version 2126) on UN60H6300? I updated to this version and have noticed more pixelation and reduced clarity in picture display.

Collapse -
Samsung UN55H6350AF

Will these settings work for my Samsung UN55H6350AF ? Don' know if you need the version? UH02
I have been having a hard time getting it just right. Please advise.

Thank you,

Collapse -
Follow up...

After these months I can say that this HDTV have issues with gray tones, particularly TV/Sat material with resolution below 1080. I have Dish/Hopper, which is an excelent DVR service, and only the very highest resolution transmisions look almost flawless. Nevertheless, it's not something that would make me resent buying this model.

What could make some decide against it, is angle-viewing. The optimal image is squared in front; moving to the corner of the sofa shows gradual deterioration of color. It's not too much, and you can turn the panel, but if this is important, check out comparisons about that characteristic.

Where it stands out is when using a good blu-ray movie. I have an old Panasonic player which handles 1080p/24 and the image in the Samsung is superb. Here is where it truly shines and may establish the reference for what you see from your program providers.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.