Samsung forum

General discussion

Samsung UNC6500 40" LED TV blanks out intermittently 1 sec

by BenzBlutec / February 6, 2011 3:23 AM PST

My Samsung UN40C6500 LED HDTV (4 weeks old) intermittently gets a blank screen for 1-2 secs. There is also a buzzing sound when it happens.

Attached to the TV: DISH Network VIP722K DVR, Samsung Blu Ray DVD BD-C5500C, Panasonic Sound Bar SC-HTB500PPK. I have the LINKSTICK connected to the TV.

I recorded the problem and the video is in Youtube. Problem happens at 17 seconds and 40 seconds into the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WThxdJYv4xM

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung UNC6500 40" LED TV blanks out intermittently 1 sec
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung UNC6500 40" LED TV blanks out intermittently 1 sec
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Be sure
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 6, 2011 3:24 AM PST

To show this without a wifi connection since wifi connections are problematic. There are long discussions about this with some finding cures with network settings and more.

I don't expect a fix from Samsung since your network is your network.
Bob

Collapse -
LED TV Screen blanks out for 1-2 secs
by BenzBlutec / February 6, 2011 4:12 AM PST
In reply to: Be sure

Chatted with Samsung support and they had me reset the TV first which I did. Will try viewing the TV without the linkstick to see if the problem still persists. Will also try without the Panasonic soundbar on. I hope to post an update shortly.

Thanks Bob.

Collapse -
Even without the link stick.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 6, 2011 7:02 AM PST

It's still depending on a network that is not Samsungs. And the apps are written by someone other than Samsung.

It's a messy area of problems with no one to take ownership they messed up.
Bob

Collapse -
Even after
by BenzBlutec / February 6, 2011 9:19 AM PST

deactivating the wireless connection and shutting off the Panasonic soundbar, the problem is still there. I watch the golf channel and Fox soccer channel most of the time and its in these channels I noticed the intermittent blanking of the screen happens. Coincidentally I just watched the entire 1st half of the superbowl and no blanking of the screen happened, yet when I switched to the Golf Channel for about 15 mins, it happened twice.

I'm not sure I follow you Bob. What apps are you referring to and what is it with them that may cause the problem? Did you take a look at the video link? Have you experienced this same issue?

Collapse -
Let's break it down.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 6, 2011 11:30 AM PST
In reply to: Even after

1. What apps are you referring to
Apps like netflix, youtube and such.

2. and what is it with them that may cause the problem?
That has been discussed. You may have missed the reasons given but it's the app, the network quality and if there is any issue with the encoding and the app's decoding.

3 Did you take a look at the video link? Have you experienced this same issue?

Sure but it doesn't change what people want. They want someone to fix it. I hope that discussions will help folk see what's going on and to notice that it works for many others. If it did this to everyone we'd have a leg to stand on.
Bob

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!