Attention: The forums will be placed on read only mode this Saturday (Oct. 20, 2018)

During this outage (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT) the forums will be placed on read only mode. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

Samsung forum

Resolved Question

Samsung UN9000 sound but No Dispaly

by williebeamen123 / January 6, 2015 2:55 AM PST

Hi, ive bought an 65inch UN9000 curved tv set from Samsung about a week ago, and this morning ive tried to turn it on and got sound but no display. The panel seems to lit up but only backlighting i suppose. Ive seen the red power light flashing 4 times when i pressed the power button on the remote too. Ive tried to plug / unplug cables and power corde etc. Nothing seems to work. I called my seller earlier and they will replace the tv set tomorrow with a brand new, but i have to admit that Im a bit scared. Since its a week old and already scrap out, i was wondering if theres really an issue with samsungs TV (since i saw on the internet that im not the only one) or am I one in a million??? Either way what I wanted to know is that is their a way to prevent that from happening or is it better off for me to switch brand altogether? thanks and pardon my English its a second language!

williebeamen123 has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung UN9000 sound but No Dispaly
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung UN9000 sound but No Dispaly
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Best Answer chosen by williebeamen123

Collapse -
Simply no.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 6, 2015 3:33 AM PST

Since all makers have had dead in a few week products it's clearly no that no maker is free from this issue. That's why many products have warranties.
Bob

Collapse -
furthermore
by williebeamen123 / January 6, 2015 5:06 AM PST
In reply to: Simply no.

I really like the TV its amazing in every aspect! is it something i did that broke the tv or its a malfunction that can not be prevented?

Collapse -
Sorry but each case would have to be examined.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 6, 2015 5:11 AM PST
In reply to: furthermore

A long time ago I did root cause analysis on failures and it was rarely the same thing. Some folk don't accept the bath tub curve or early failures so let's let them believe what they will. The chances of a DOA or early failure are about the same across the board so the next one should be fine no matter which make.
Bob

Collapse -
Thanks
by williebeamen123 / January 6, 2015 5:20 AM PST

i really appreciate your time thank you! Happy

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!