Question

Samsung UN75JU6500 & Latest Firmware Issue

Dec 9, 2018 12:37PM PST

I am curious to know if others with Samsung JU6500 HDTVs have received any firmware updates, recently. I have the 75-inch model and have been "stuck" on the 1530 firmware version for quite some time. I am asking because I think Samsung has a typo on their website, related to the firmware available for these specific model of HDTVs. On the support website for the JU6500 HDTV, the latest firmware (version 1540.3) is listed as being compatible for the following models:

- Model : JU650, JR6500, JU670, JU6700, JU6800, JU6900, JU7000, JU710, JU7100, JU750, JU7500, JU7700

As you can see, the firmware is not listed as being compatible with JU6500, specifically, my UN75JU6500 model. However, as the highlighted model of JR6500 demonstrates, I believe this is a typo, as I cannot find a Samsung model of HDTV listed as JR6500, only the JU6500. I believe the "R" is a typo, in place of the proper "U" designation. Has anyone been successful in manually uploading the 1540.3 firmware to the JU6500 HDTVs? More specifically, has anyone uploaded/installed this firmware to the 75-inch model, UN75JU6500, successfully? Either way, can someone forward this to Samsung, to confirm the full model compatibility of this firmware, perhaps allowing other JU6500 model owners to receive this latest firmware version, finally? This would be greatly appreciated! As this does appear to be a typo, this typo is keeping JU6500 owners from receiving important security and stability updates.

Thank you to anyone who can help add their experience with this issue and/or anyone that may be able to contact Samsung about this possible typo and therefore, security-related issue. This loyal Samsung owner hopes to see a quick resolution to this issue. Thank you, everyone!

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Samsung UN75JU6500 & Latest Firmware Issue
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Samsung UN75JU6500 & Latest Firmware Issue
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
Was this called in?
Dec 9, 2018 12:40PM PST

Typo's are common on big sites. But security on Smart TVs? Never thought they were secure. They leak viewing info faster than WikILeaks.

- Collapse -
Samsung Phone Number?
Dec 9, 2018 12:50PM PST

Hello, R. Proffitt:

Thanks for your response. By chance, do you have a phone number for Samsung, to report this issue? Thanks.

- Collapse -
I know one.
Dec 9, 2018 12:52PM PST

1800SAMSUNG

For other than the USA, you go to samsung.com to find them.

CNET Forums

Forum Info