Question

Samsung UN65JS9500FXZA HDMI Audio Connection

Dec 29, 2015 11:05PM PST

I just purchased a Samsung UN65JS9500FXZA, and I couldn't be happier with the video quality. However, I'm equally as disenchanted with my audio options.

This model TV comes with the One Connect device, and unfortunately, that device doesn't support true HDMI audio output (aside from ARC, which is obviously inferior to true HD). I have a Pioneer VSX-70 receiver capable of transmitting true HD quality audio from my XBOX One (which also carries my cable TV) and PS4, but since I have to use the One Connect device, I'm faced with downgrading the audio capabilities of my receiver via HDMI ARC or Optical Audio outputs to the VSX-70.

I haven't found any suitable solution yet, except perhaps this - would it be possible to use a 1x2 HDMI splitter to split a single cable from one of my gaming systems into two cables, one that carries video to the One Connect device and one that carries audio to the receiver? My only other option is connecting the gaming devices directly to the receiver and then to the One Connect, but the receiver only converts up to 30p, and this TV displays 60p. Either way I turn, I'm faced with losing audio and/or video fidelity.

Does this option make sense to anyone? And if anyone has used this method, is there a preferred HDMI splitter to purchase? I can't abide by not using one of my components to its best ability.

Thanks for any insights you can share!

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Samsung UN65JS9500FXZA HDMI Audio Connection
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Samsung UN65JS9500FXZA HDMI Audio Connection
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments

CNET Forums

Forum Info