Question

Samsung UN55D6050 will not power on

when TV is plugged in red light starts to blink and back light flashes. Red light blinks two times and repeats five times then the back light flashes. I have played with it all day and no matter what I do same result. Disconnected power supply no visual problems caps all looked good no burnt areas. powered up PWR SUP attached leds they flash. Jump pins 16 PWR ON and 12 GND no more flashing. is there is anything else I can check before I replace the power supply BN4400424A

Discussion is locked
Answer
Follow
Reply to: Samsung UN55D6050 will not power on
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Samsung UN55D6050 will not power on
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
Are you using the service manual?

The US versions are up for sale at www.samsungparts.com and most techs would be lost without them. I know I require them for issues like yours. If you are trying to do without the manual or spare parts it's usually a dead end.

- Collapse -
Thanks for responding

I have looked at everything I could find on the world wide web. This TV was going to the trash. You can buy used on ebay for $100.00. I have fixed Samsung monitors before by replacing capacitors that were fried. I have found a Power Supply board for a good price but if it goes like what I have seen on the internet people have replaced all the boards by service technicians and spent $100 of dollars and they still were unable to repair. So I guess I'll just trash the TV

- Collapse -
Today I see the service manual runs about 12 dollars.

For folk that are in the repair business they either get the manual, have it or know the basics of what to look for. I'm seeing a lot of help me fix my TV posts where folk dismiss the need for a service manual. I know I can't do without them.

CNET Forums