Samsung forum

General discussion

Samsung un55b7100 Screen

by DigitalG54 / June 16, 2009 9:23 AM PDT

Hello,
i purchased my samsung un55b7100 LED last month and im really concerned about this TV Display. When watching content, there are areas within the display that look like clouds. At first i wasnt sure what this was. When the TV was unboxed,it had a small dent in the back of the TV and Geek Squad thought it was a good idea to have the TV replaced. I figured the Cloudiness was probably due to the dent. When i received my NEW Samsung un55b7100, there they were again. The same clouds were there. It looks to be uneven backlighting. I contacted a Samsung Support rep and was told that this was NOT! a issue with my TV...It is a Major issue with Samsung Technology. The Samsung rep stated that there is nothing you can do and currently NO FIRMWARE UPDATE.

Im new to this forum so as i first started reading other user/member threads, its come to my attention that Samsung Reps are not helping at all. I paid $3500 dollars for a TV that should look amazing! Having a TV that is advertised to be a breakthrough in technology and have white spots allover the damn screen is Bad!

Can someone, anyone at samsung get down to the bottom of this problem? I dont want to hear the same thing over and over. Dont tell me its my TV! Samsung has already confirmed it the Technology...Just please fix this issue. Put out a Damn firmware update for this and other TVs experiencing this. FYI, during actual startup of the TV or while manuvering through the Samsung Tv Menus, the Black is PURE and looks great, the Black looks like it should. Although its a Very Very disapointing story when it comes to movies or any other media.

...And no its not the Movie quality(im watching HD content) or the Screen visibility(im in a dark room) or Calibration(Samsung said this would not fix the issue). I dont want to go through the process of purchasing another TV. It took me forever just to get my 1st un55b7100 replaced. Its just really Inconvenient for everyone to have to go on hear and seek advice or answers for something that they spent allot of money on to work right.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung un55b7100 Screen
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung un55b7100 Screen
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.