Samsung forum

Rant

Samsung UN46F5500 Smart hub issues

I recently bought this tv and everything worked fine then the firmware was updated to version 1105. After the update all my smart hub apps were still there but if you clicked on any of them smart hub would shut down and return to regular tv. After four online chat sessions with Samsung and two smart hub reset and a tv factory reset i now have know apps on smart hub and the only left is the web browser icon. Anyone have any ideas on what i can do?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung UN46F5500 Smart hub issues
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung UN46F5500 Smart hub issues
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: Samsung UN46F5500 Smart hub issues

In reply to: Samsung UN46F5500 Smart hub issues

Hi p3arljam,

I'm very sorry to hear about this. So if I understand you correctly, every app except for the Web Browser app has returned to the Apps pane. Is that correct?

If so, could you open up the Apps pane and go to the bottom and select More Apps. That'll open up additional apps that you are installed but not listed on the Apps pane. It may be that the Web Browser is in there. It'll look like this when you're in there: http://support-us.samsung.com/cyber/popup/iframe/pop_troubleshooting_fr.jsp?idx=426479&modelname=UN46F5500AF&modelcode=UN46F5500AFXZA

HD Tech

Collapse -
bad issues due to new firmware

In reply to: Re: Samsung UN46F5500 Smart hub issues

Hi!!
It's the same to me....apps are gone...no apps in recommended and my apps....but they are all installed...no way to erase the memory, no way to make the apps appear...i think it's due to the new firmware that has crashed the app store of the smart hub...

Collapse -
Re: bad issues due to new firmware

In reply to: bad issues due to new firmware

Hi salsarosa71,

I'm very sorry to hear that has happened. In order for me to help you most accurately, please provide the complete model code for this device. And what you've done so far to resolve the issue.

Regards,
HD Tech

Collapse -
same with my UE55F6470

In reply to: Re: Samsung UN46F5500 Smart hub issues

hi there

I've got the same problem. Because of some web browser crashes I started the online update process. The old version 1102 was replaced with 1104. After this update none of the installed app will work anymore. Also the e-manual doesn't work. So I tried my luck with an update to 1105. Same result as before. If I start an app the screen goes black and stayes there until I press the smart hub button. after resetting the tv to factory defaults all apps except the web browser has gone. funny thing ... the browser crashes if I try to load www.samsung.com/de.

Collapse -
Re: same with my UE55F6470

In reply to: same with my UE55F6470

Hi Vaulpelz,

Thanks for your message! But just so you know, I support US products and customers. And from what I can tell, this model is for Germany. (Correct me if I'm wrong.) So if you want the most accurate information, here's the Samsung Germany portal for support on that product: http://www.samsung.com/de/support/model/UE60ES6300SXZG

Hope this helps you!

Regards,
HD Tech

Collapse -
Re: Re: same with my UE55F6470

In reply to: Re: same with my UE55F6470

Your right. I already called the support hotline and now I'm waiting for an remote service callback. At least it's not a local problem. So if someone finds the failure, even it's in the last corner of our planet, it will probably solve my problem too Wink

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.