Question

Samsung UN46C8000 White dot Problem ...

Hey everyone im new to this forum. I've got a quick question. I have a Samsung UN46C8000 LED 3dtv and for some reason when the screen is not black or a dark picture i get this white dot on the top right of screen. It doesnt seem like a dead pixel. I dont know what it is. I've attatched a link so you can see the problem it looks like glare but its not its white dot... I 've had the tv for maybe a year or less ...

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e6/mrcheerio/6-6-201110-14-42AM.jpg
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e6/mrcheerio/IMG_20110606_100029.jpg

Thanks !

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Samsung UN46C8000 White dot Problem ...
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Samsung UN46C8000 White dot Problem ...
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
At a year or less, warranty. And get more warranty?

How? With some devices at Samsung you can get three more months of warranty by registering at samsung.com.

Then you can call it in and be sure to get that all important transaction number for the discussions here.
Bob

- Collapse -
Samsung UN46C8000 White dot Problem

KomodoTheSly,

- Collapse -
Thanks for the reply

thanks for the reply. The white dot is at all times. I contacted samsung service center and they verified that the TV is still under warranty but they issue i am having is considered "White Pixels" and 1 white pixel does not require the tv to be replace or have maintenance worked on... If the problem gets worse then they will look more into it ... This kind've sucks becuase i spent 1800 for a tv to have a white pixel ... I am thinking about calling tech support and hopefully getting something thats willing to help me rather than some cust serv rep who doesnt care ... I'll also try to get a transaction # for you ...

- Collapse -
Clearer Pictures
- Collapse -
Thanks for the reply

KomodoTheSly,

CNET Forums