Question

Samsung UN46B8500 LED TV New Device Not Found error messages

My Samsung UN46B8500 LED tv has randomly started displaying a 'New Device Not Found/USB 1 (or2) Power Overload' message on screen. I've seen one similar post suggesting that a firmware update may fix this problem, but it contains no links to the update. Has anyone found a solution to this issue that has worked? I know this is an 'older' model now, but it is otherwise functioning fine.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Samsung UN46B8500 LED TV New Device Not Found error messages
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Samsung UN46B8500 LED TV New Device Not Found error messages
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Usually I unplug what's on the USB

That's the usual fix.

- Collapse -
Nothing plugged into either USB port

There is nothing plugged into either USB port. If it were that simple there wouldn't be cause for a post.

- Collapse -
Then bad news.

It's a sign the set has issues. Get estimates. The board with the USB looks to be 200ish and the labor here is 150. Is it worth 350USD to fix?

CNET Forums