Samsung forum

General discussion

Samsung un46b6000 problem "s"

by jayfire2620 / October 31, 2009 5:04 PM PDT

Trying to find out if anyone has been having any problems with their un46b6000 TV's.

Here's what's going on with mine and I am hoping someone can shed some light on it. I bought the set in August and after 2 weeks the Cable Box (HDMI 1) and Xbox (HDMI 2) stopped showing on the TV. The DVD player (HDMI 3) was working fine but it actually started playing on HDMI 1, 2 and 3...while only plugged into HDMI 3!? I tried everything in HDMI 3 and 4 and they played like they should in the 3 and 4 port/channel/source, except HDMI 3 was still on 1 and 2. The fix was a guy coming out and doing a "factory reset" and that took care of the problem.
New problem now though, we moved and the cable guy came out to hook stuff up and he hooks the cable wire direct to the TV thru the analog connection and gets only a fuzzy screen stating " weak signal" he double checks and retests the line signal and says it is strong, hooks it to the cable box and then into the HDMI port 1, works just fine. We take it into another room where the cable is hooked directly to another TV that is working just fine and unhook it and screw it into the UN46 and still nothing.

I have to call Samsung Monday and see about getting it looked at AGAIN but thought I should check and see if anyone has had similar problems and what they did or if anyone knows should I just take it back for a new one or does the board just need to be replaced? I'm frustrated as H*ll right now and just want to enjoy my TV without any problems. From what I understand I need to have a cable wire ran into the analog in order to get my pic in pic working so I would like to use that connection. Either way if it is something with the board or TV I want it fixed before more crap starts to go wrong and I'm told that's past warranty but if you pay out your butt we can fix it.

Thanks
Jason

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung un46b6000 problem "s"
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung un46b6000 problem "s"
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
anyone, hello?
by jayfire2620 / November 1, 2009 11:50 PM PST

Anyone else having problems like these?

Collapse -
Sorry no.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 1, 2009 11:55 PM PST
In reply to: anyone, hello?

But here's what I learned. Report problems when they happen. This logs the issue into your case file and it doesn't matter if the repair takes you over the warranty period since the failure occurs inside the warranty.

But here's what I'm seeing. Owners are not reporting failures. It's the oddest thing. They'll tell everyone about it but never call it in.
Bob

Collapse -
anyone, hello?
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 2, 2009 8:32 AM PST

jayfire2620,

So the connection is weak without the cable box, but it tests strongly with the cable box? It's likely because the box is amplifying a signal. While the cable box can work better with a weak signal than a regular TV tuner, that doesn't necessarily mean that the assumption is that the signal would be strong.

Also, you might want to find out if your cable company uses HRC, or IRC - options in the tuner - to see if that might fix the issue. Different companies use different standards, and it could be a simple fix.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Thanks
by jayfire2620 / November 4, 2009 3:48 AM PST

I have been reporting the problems, believe me, getting the HDMI thing fixed was a nightmare cause of the company (only one near me) was horrible, kept no showing and calling and canceling (4 different days!)..etc. I'm sure customer service got sick of me. But thank you, I'm sure others are doing what you said and not telling the companies.

As for the boost by the box, not sure on that. I will call the other guy that came out and see. I know he tested the strength of the before and after he hooked it directly to the "cable in" and he said it was fine..then again we couldn't get the box in our bedroom to work and the other guy came out and removed the wall plate, the first guy (who tested the strength) had a splitter on the line inside the wall and put it on backwards. Line in was going to the box and line out was where the cable ran in. Sounds like I need to call the other guy and have him check this for me, fingers crossed that it's something simple!!

Thanks again for the help!
Jason

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?