General discussion

Samsung UN40C6300

Hi~~
I just bought this LED TV UN40C6300, and was playing PS3 game with it
the question is when I play DVD or Blue ray disc on my PS3, at the picture setting, there is a advance option called XvYcc, wasn't greyed out, and was able to turn it on~ But when I play ps3 game its greyed out... What is a reason for this??
When I had Samsung LCD TV, it letted me to enble XvYcc even during the game, but why not this LED TV???
And does changing Picture Setting too often will ruin the TV??

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Samsung UN40C6300
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Samsung UN40C6300
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Samsung UN40C6300
- Collapse -
UN40C6300 Xvycc, and AMP

Thank you for the reply~
Than are you saying is that if my PS3 is XvyCC supproted, and lets say my DVD disc, Bluray, and Game disc doesn't support XvyCC the LED TV will grayed out the xvycc option??, And if it is supported it will not be grayed out??
IS there anyway I can enable this XvyCC while playine game??
2nd question is when I have Auto Motion PLus 120hz to standard, smooth, or custom (blur:5, judder:5) while playing game i get this fleshes...you might have to concentrate to able to see this fleshing thing, but somehow it bothers me a lot... Weird thing is when I select Clear, and custom (blur:5 judder:0) it will not cause any fleshing thing... Could it be a Judder reduction causing this problem?? Or is there something wrong with my LED TV??

- Collapse -
UN40C6300 Xvycc, and AMP

maadcow,

If I'm not mistaken, the game console may actually send a XvYcc signal when you're playing games, and if that's the case, then it would not be greyed out. However, if you're using a DVD or Blu-Ray disc IN the game console, it will be greyed out.

The ability to change the cadence of the processing is what makes AutoMotion plus, and adjusting the different settings of blur and judder changes it for the better - and in some case - not for the better. (Hence, why it's adjustable). It's not that something is wrong with the TV, it's that the signal that's being sent to it looks better (and symptom-less) with some symptoms, and not so good on others.

AutoMotion Plus is adjustable for each input, and each input is independent of the others. So if the game console looks good with one setting, and you set your cable box setting with a different setting, they will be separate for each input. Just a random tip.

Does that help?

--HDTech

- Collapse -
Static field...

Thank you for the reply~
I think you have misunderstood something~
when I'm playing a DVD and Blueray disc IN game console (PS3)
the XvYcc is NOT greayed out....
But when I'm playing a game, XvyCC IS Greyed out....

And also sometimes when the TV is starting a game, or quiting a game a static field appears...It doesn't affect the gameplay~ but it seems it only appears when is starting the game and quitting...Why does the TV makes this static field while starting and qutting the game??

- Collapse -
Static field...

maadcow,

I have no idea why a static field would appear. It could be a result of the game console, based on the fact that it happens while you start and quit. I don't know where I'd start to diagnose it, but if it only happens with the game console, that's a safe bet.

XvYcc could be based on how the player handles the data or processes the signal. I simply don't have a reliable answer on that. Perhaps the games have a different color gamut and don't support XvYcc. But I agree, that's strange. I'll look into it more and see if there's a better explanation.

--HDTech

- Collapse -
Set your TV to Movie Mode

Set your TV to Movie Mode, it is the only time you can use the XvYcc feature on the LED, I have the UN46C6300, for some other reason, you can't with the other modes, don't forget to turn on the XvYcc on your bluray and PS3, goodluck

CNET Forums

Forum Info