HolidayBuyer's Guide

Samsung forum

General discussion

Samsung UN32C4000 32-LED TV external speakers

by kwakr1 / October 6, 2010 2:14 PM PDT

How can I set up this set to allow the use of external Harman/Kardon Soundsticks ll. I want to be able to control the speakers with the remote but I seem to be able to control only the TV speaker this way. Do I need to acquire a separate receiver?
I'm new to the forums and am a bit of a novice.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung UN32C4000 32-LED TV external speakers
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung UN32C4000 32-LED TV external speakers
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Samsung UN32C4000 32-LED TV external speakers
by mperson9 / October 7, 2010 3:21 AM PDT

Are the Soundsticks PC multimedia speakers? If so the only way I see you using these is if the TV has a set of audio out RCA jacks (red and white) and then you using an RCA to headphone jack converter. This is of course assuming that the Soundsticks connector is a standard PC line in connection.

If the TV doesn't have audio out RCA jacks I'm not sure how you would make them work. It's hard to know without knowing what outputs are on the TV and what kind of input connection the Soundsticks has.

Collapse -
Samsung UN32C4000 32-LED TV external speakers
by kwakr1 / October 9, 2010 4:59 AM PDT

The Soundsticks are PC multimedia speakers and are powered. The TV does have RCA audio out jacks. The Soundsticks connector (to the TV) is what appears to be a single RCA size male connector which fits nicely into the TV Audio Out female on the TV. The TV is brand new and the current model.

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions


Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.