Question

Samsung UE49MU6400

Hi all. My new Samsung TV has suddenly got a rectangular image on the right hand side of screen with the number 4000 in it twice. The first number is just the number 4000, the second to the right of it is inside a grey circle.
I have no idea why it's there, what it is indicating and the main problem, how to get rid of it.
It is only there while watching the TV. Any help or suggestions on how to make it go away would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Samsung UE49MU6400
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Samsung UE49MU6400
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
I want to hear more.

The odd statement here is "only there while watching the TV." If you are not watching the TV, is it gone or did you mean it does this only on antenna input?

- Collapse -
More....

Apologies, I meant while watching the Virgin Tivo input. If I watch a video on a USB stick or an app like YouTube or BBC iPlayer, it's not there.
If I change the volume on the TV, a rectangular transparent 'box' appears with the volume numbers going up or down. This is exactly the same transparent box but on the right hand side of the screen.
No idea why it's appeared, it was just there when I turned the TV on and no one else in the house knows anything about it, or will admit to it anyway.
Have spent ages trying to find anything on Google but just coming up blank.
The last thing of any note that may or may not have something to do with it was my daughter installed the Samsung Smart View app onto her iPhone and was using it to play some video''s on the TV. That was just before this problem occurred.

- Collapse -
What is this Tivo input? F type antenna connection?
- Collapse -
Solved.

Really appreciate your help but I've finally managed to get it to disappear.
It seems it was a problem to do with the TV Plus/Rakuten UHD film rental app that comes with the TV.
My daughter went into the app while we were all trying to figure out how to get rid of the box and when she hit the change channel button the numbers in the box changed as we went to a different film category list.
When she exited the app the box stopped showing on the screen. My guess is it was a glitch and by going into the offending app and coming out again we fixed it.
The Virginia Media Tivo box is connected to the TV via an HDMI connector by the way.
Thanks again for your help, it is much appreciated.

CNET Forums

Forum Info