Question

Samsung UE46F6320 keeps resetting

Hello all - I;m really hoping someone might be able to help me.

I purchased a Samsung UE46F6320 TV 2 years ago from Amazon. We've had no problems with it whatsoever until a week ago - Every time we turned the TV on, the volume was stuck at 100.

I haven't updated the software in the time that we've had the TV, so i decided to download the latest update - Version 2117.
The volume problem was fixed, but now the TV keeps resetting itself, every single time it's turned off.
As soon it's turned off and on again, it goes through the whole setup process again - i set the country, tune the channels, accept the terms and conditions.....then when i finish watching and turn it off, it resets again !

I've contacted Samsung who suggested a factory reset and little else. I love the TV and don;t want to replace it - Can anyone suggest anything?

Is there a way of downloading the previous version of the software and installing that instead?

Any help is much appreciated.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Samsung UE46F6320 keeps resetting
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Samsung UE46F6320 keeps resetting
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
Did anyone suggest a change to home mode?

This sounds like it's in demo or store mode. That change is usually in the manual.

- Collapse -
Thanks

i did check this in the settings once i reset it for the 100th time - It seems it's in the normal mode, not the store mode.

- Collapse -
Answer
Sorry I missed the LAST QUESTION.

I don't mean to upset you but Samsung has yet to provide a way to go back to older versions. This is widely discussed (with heat and flame) on the web. So for completeness I'm tossing this out there. Not to open up an old wound feeling.

I can't tell if the factory reset was done. After firmware upgrades it appears we need to do that.

- Collapse -
Answer
Obviously losing settings

If that happened to a computer we'd say look at the CMOS battery which powers the BIOS chip. Turns out TV's have something similar but not the same. It's a capacitor which powers a chip that holds the TV settings. Perhaps it has failed.

http://www.fixya.com/support/t12228859-battery_inside_samsung_tv

"-all use a IC chip that stores that memory and is powered by a low voltage source backed up by a filter capacitor that acts like a battery.

The IC is usually incorporated into main microprocessor chip--a few use a small IC called a eprom---in all newer sets it is part of the Micro."

CNET Forums