Samsung forum

General discussion

Samsung UE40f8000 blacking flicker/smearing when gaming

Hi,

I have already posted the following in the LCD forum, but it was suggested that I ask it here too:

I have recently bought a Samsung UE40f8000 and have hooked my pc up to it, but am having some issues with the picture when in motion. Whilst the picture looks amazing most of the time, in pretty much all games to some extent, I get this dark flicker or smearing when I move the game camera

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=AJo0nCk8nH8

Its quite bad in DA2, as hopefully shown in the link above if you look at the trees when I flick the controller.

This doesn't happen on my pc monitor, and I have tried turning off every option on the hdtv, one by one, but it doesn't seem defeatable (including eco settings, game mode, renaming input to pc etc).I do have some luck when I increase the brightness of the tv (or lower the darkness), and it seems to only affect dark objects. It also happens on my ps4 too. I'm thinking this is either a fault with my particular tv, or a by-product of a feature that I am not able to switch off.

I'm just wondering if anyone else experiences this, whether this is a common effect when gaming on a hdtv, or if you think its a fault and worth pursuing with samsung? I did drop Samsung support an email (more or less saying what i've said here), but they weren't very helpful and suggested enabling/disabling certain picture options, all of which I had tried.

Thanks

Dave

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung UE40f8000 blacking flicker/smearing when gaming
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung UE40f8000 blacking flicker/smearing when gaming
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.