Question

Samsung UE40C6005 dead

Okay, so i have an UE40C6005 which won't start.

It started out with the clicking noises, but now all I get is a blinking power led (blinks 5 times).

I found a bad capacitor and replaced it, but i still the same thing.. so I tried resetting the eeprom without success.
I've been searching the web for some guidance for countless of hours without any answers!

Is there anyone who have any thoughts?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Samsung UE40C6005 dead
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Samsung UE40C6005 dead
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Sad to read that

When it starts clicking and later powers up, that's the sign to remove the power and call it in. Continued use can lead to boards failing. Sorry to read no one told you that.

I read you replaced a bad cap but it looks like it was done after the board failed and not before. Sorry to read such posts.
Bob

- Collapse -
Thanks for the answer!

The power supply board seems to be working just fine when i checked it with my multimeter.
Maybe the main board is dead? I can order a new one for about $50-60, but I'd like to make sure that it is the problem first Happy I'll have my friend test the main board tomorrow.

But untill then, is there anything else i can test?
I read somewhere that you should be able to power up the backlights as long as the power supply is intact, but I don't know how to do that.

- Collapse -
I know of no test to find out which board.

Other than to swap and re-test. If you even peek at the service manuals today they have a simple flowchart and they swap boards in some order and that's it. Maybe techs out in the field gain some experience that it's the second rather than the first in the chart but that's something of a trade secret.

As I noted, the fact it was left with bad caps means that all parts are suspect, even the panel. Unless you can get this for 20 bucks, and are OK with burning that 20, I'd move on and ebay off the rest.
Bob

CNET Forums