General discussion

Samsung UE40C6000 - audio/video sync problem

Hello,

I have Samsung UE40C6000 and I've noticed that when playing some video formats (avi) there is an annoying audio delay. I'm using Media Play (tried through USB and DLNA) and I tried to play Sunshine in HD quality and everything was okay - no sync problem, but when some episodes of How I Met Your Mother (for example) were played audio was delayed and I can't figure out why it's happening (on PC no delay). Satellite and Xbox work fine, so it seems to be "Media Play" issue. Firmware of the TV is up to date.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Could anyone help me with that, please? I'm lost..

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Samsung UE40C6000 - audio/video sync problem
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Samsung UE40C6000 - audio/video sync problem
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Yup.

Such is widely reported. Since the TV is not a PC you have to be careful how you encode content. And to repeat this again, you must encode the content in a way that it works. It's not a bug in the TV as it's not a PC. It's an encoding issue.
Bob

- Collapse -

So, what would you do if you were me? I just downloaded the episode, put it into the USB disk and played on TV using Media Play.. what should I do to make it work properly (with no sound delay)?

- Collapse -
Re: delay

Given what you told above, your options are rather limited.

1. Play and look on the PC.
2. Play on the PC, look at the TV via wired or wireless connection.
3. Buy another TV that can play this episode. Take your USB-stick with you to the shop to check. Don't believe the sales person if he says it naturally works, but he doesn't show it.

Kees

- Collapse -
I'm not you.

But I have learned to transcode or re-encode content with many tools over the years. One of them is call Virtual Dub (sorry but I can't duplicate a tutorial in my replies) but that one has a panel where I can shift the audio track forward or back in time to adjust for lip sync issues.

Then again if you are downloading such you could report it to those that are encoding the content and ask them to test on HDTVs and BD players.
Bob

- Collapse -

I don't believe it's encoding problem.. my friend tried to play the episode on his samsung TV (different model) and everything was 100% OKAY! so what should I do? Sad

- Collapse -
There's not much I can do for you.

You don't believe it and this means you won't be re-encoding it to play on your set.

Good luck with your search for another solution,
Bob

- Collapse -
Mainboard issue

CNET Forums

Forum Info