General discussion

Samsung UE40B8000XW Advice needed (DLNA & Picture settings)

hi all,

i bought my UE40B8000XW at the end of last year in the UK.

i have just set up a networked drive (buffalo linkstation 500gb)

the TV can access the storage device and even plays vob and mpg fine but not avi (unfortunately nearly all my movies are in avi format)

i can play all supported formats via USb so i am thinking this is a problem or setting with DLNA can anyone enlighten me?

also, has anyone found the ultimate picture settings? i know this depends on what your TV is connected to and how (HD satellite receiver via HDMI) but i was wondering if there is anything i have to look out for?

cheers,

Sio.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Samsung UE40B8000XW Advice needed (DLNA & Picture settings)
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Samsung UE40B8000XW Advice needed (DLNA & Picture settings)
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
DLNA

I believe the Buffalo device uses Twonkymedia as its media server. You may need to add a profile for the Samsung (though I thought they would have included that on new releases by now). Check the TM forums for details.

- Collapse -
thanks for this info...

i am in the process of upgrading... there is much to learn!!!

CNET Forums