Samsung forum

Question

Samsung UE32C600RK internet problem

by alanboggle / January 17, 2012 12:34 AM PST

Hi
I have a Samsung UE32C6000RK and I have connected it to a Virgin Media super hub by a LAN cable. I have put in all the connection id infromation and the tv confirms that the connection to the super hub is ok. All this is in line with the user manual. The next step is to access the connection from the tv. The manual says that the four coloured buttons are for use with internet@tv among other things. Can anybody tell me how to access the internet on the tv now that the connection to the super hub is up and running. Any ideas would be great. Thanks.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung UE32C600RK internet problem
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung UE32C600RK internet problem
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
Link please.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 17, 2012 7:40 AM PST

I can't find that model on the web.

But be sure to tell us what this "internet" is. Most TVs do not have a web browser.
Bob

Collapse -
UE32C6000RK update
by alanboggle / January 17, 2012 5:17 PM PST
In reply to: Link please.

Hi Bob

Thanks for coming back. The model number in the title is wrong...apologies. The number in body of the post is right...it should be UE32C6000RK. What I was hoping to do was to connect to content on the web and watch it on my tv.

The manual that came with the tv says this on page 25..."you can set up your tv so that it can access the internet through your local area network (LAN) using a wired or wireless network". I have successfully connected the tv to the network but cannot find out how to carry out the next step.

On page 6 of the manual is says that the, remote control buttons A, B, C, D red, green, yellow, blue are for use with, among other things, internet@tv. This seems to be Samsung's access application to the internet, but I cannot find out how to operate the system with my remote.

The guys at Samsung have been great so far, but no-one has yet been able to explain to me how this works.

Cheers Alan

Collapse -
Still need a link.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 18, 2012 1:39 AM PST
In reply to: UE32C6000RK update

This model on google.com comes up with remote controls and so I was hoping you could give me the link to that model at samsung.com.

If not, that's fine. We'll wait for the ambassador. I'm just one of the mods that has collected some info on the network aspects.
Bob

Collapse -
UE32C6000RK update
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 24, 2012 4:37 AM PST

alanboggle,

Collapse -
Samsung UEC6000RK Internet access
by alanboggle / January 24, 2012 3:50 PM PST

Hi

Thanks for coming back...I am looking for a step by step guide to getting to getting Internet@TV working.
So far I have connected the TV to my LAN using a cable and the TV has confirmed that the connection is good. Its the next bit that I'm having trouble with. The instruction manual mentions that the red blue green and yellow buttons are for use with Internet@TV among other things but it gives no intructions on what to do to use the Internet@TV service.

So I guess I'm looking for a walk through guide on how to set up an account, sign in and see what I can get access to.

Cheers
Alan

Collapse -
Samsung UEC6000RK Internet access
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 26, 2012 9:35 AM PST

alanboggle,

Collapse -
Samsung UE32C6000RK
by alanboggle / January 26, 2012 5:29 PM PST

OOOps...I hadn't appreciated that I was on a US based forum. Yes, the TV is for the UK market. Thank you so much for your help. I will have a look at the apps link now.

Cheers
Alan

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

We are giving away 'Black Panther' swag!

Four lucky readers will be taking home *Marvel*ous "Black Panther" prizes, including magazines autographed by the King of Wakanda himself! Giveaway ends Feb. 25, 2018.