Question

Samsung UD6400 Video Streaming Question

All:
My first post to this forum so please go easy on me.....
I just purchased the Samsung UD6400 series LCD/LED TV. I have AT&T Uverse, a Sony Blu Ray and XBOX 360, all connected to the TV via HDMI. With this TV [which is bad-***, BTW - amazing picture quality and functionality] one can stream video files directly from another hardware device such as a PC without having to use a "conduit" such as an Xbox, PS3, etc....
So, on my PC I have a number of video files. However, when I access these files via the TV, either, a) a number of files are not visible; and, b) those that are visible cannot be played. As far as the latter issue is concerned, the files are your basic AVI, MPEG types and appear tyo meet the TV's requirements re: their bitrates and framerates. The eManual which comes with the TV is useless and, therefore, I am at a loss to understand why the files won't play/are not recognized.
Can anyone help? Many thanks.
Throstleboy

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Samsung UD6400 Video Streaming Question
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Samsung UD6400 Video Streaming Question
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
(NT) Install this
- Collapse -
Answer
Besides the software.

It's well discussed that only a narrow list of encodings will play without issue. That list must be some 1% of the content I've seen people download.

However you write basic AVI. That's a real confuser since AVI is not an encoding but a CONTAINER of encoded content. There is no such thing.

I know, I know. Why should everyone have to become an expert at video encoding.
Bob

CNET Forums