Rant

Samsung UA55D7000 TV and Foxtel Internet

I recently tried to use the Foxtel app on my TV to find a message saying it's discontinued on 2011 model TV due to some issue.

1. I phoned Foxtel who say that it's a Samsung issue and that Samsung made the decision not to do develop the necessary fixes to the TV to overcome the issue.
2. I phoned the Samsung Contact Centre who blame Foxtel for doing this .. to only 2011 Samsung TVs! Really?

Why do I feel like I am being jerked around here?

Is Samsung going to work with Foxtel to address this issue or just continue to impact customers who bought their product?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Samsung UA55D7000 TV and Foxtel Internet
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Samsung UA55D7000 TV and Foxtel Internet
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Writing apps is hard work.

Right or wrong I'm running into programmers that when faced with a challenge will blame the device or OS. Netflix and other companies are getting it to work so something is amiss with Foxtel for not working out their app. I took a quick look and it looks like the Foxtel is their own app and not written by Samsung but let's let Samsung clarify if they write this app.

Bob

- Collapse -
Partly Agree

When talking to Foxtel I understood that Samsung had to make changes to the firmware of the TV but decided not to do it for some reason.

- Collapse -
I've heard this too.

The programmer "needs" some API and the OS didn't have it so they point fingers. As you learn more about writing code you learn that software authors have all sorts of skill levels.
Bob

CNET Forums