HolidayBuyer's Guide

Samsung forum

Question

Samsung UA55D7000 banding

by Waynethenasty / January 23, 2012 10:11 AM PST

Hi,
I purchased a Samsung UA55D7000 led tv and was initially blown away by the detailed and vibrant picture quality. After a few days I began to notice that when there was camera panning, horizontal and vertical bars of lighter contrast would appear on the screen. I contacted Samsung, who replaced the screen. But the bars were still there.
The bars are faint and don't seem to bother some people, but I am finding it hard to enjoy watching the tv. To me they are a constant distraction.
I have found other people on the net who are having similar problems, and a review I think by CNET which gave it a low score because of the uneven back lighting.
I have contacted Samsung again as the unit is still under warranty, and have received a letter stating that before repairs can begin, I must agree to Samsung being able to use refurbished parts. Is this legal?
Having spent over $3000 on this tv, I don't want second hand parts used in the repair. Also I'm beginning to believe the barring is a design fault, and all the screen replacements in the world won't fix it.
Can I demand my money back, what should I do?
All the best,
Wayne

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung UA55D7000 banding
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung UA55D7000 banding
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Here's the deal.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 23, 2012 11:19 AM PST

They send techs out to the field and replace boards. The boards come back to be fixed. Then techs go out and use the fixed and UPDATED BOARDS.

That's a good thing.
Bob

Collapse -
Banding
by Waynethenasty / January 23, 2012 1:56 PM PST
In reply to: Here's the deal.

Hi,
thanks for the reply. Do you know of the banding issues for this tv, and do you know if the new(old) replacement board will fix this?
All the best.

Collapse -
I am not in the Samsung Service department.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 23, 2012 2:30 PM PST
In reply to: Banding

Today's TVs have a lot of failure types. While I've heard of this one, it does not mean I will know what the cause is. That's something I leave to the field techs.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.