General discussion

Samsung TV UN55F6300 standby flashing continously

I have a Sumsung UN55F6300. I proved it is not the remote control that is the issue. What happens is when the TV is powered on the volume is driven on it's own to zero level , and the standby light flashes rapidly (lower right). The remote nor the joy stick control on the back of the set will control any changes to the inputs, volume, and it will not even turn off the tv ( use wall plug to power down). Also, the tv on it's own powers on when re-applying wall plug power ---with the red standy light blinking rapidly and again no control of the tv inputs, etc. But by cycling wall plug power off and on many times I can get the tv to act normal at times - no flashing standby light and all remote and joy stick controls work fine with normal power off button press.
If you have had this problem, what board, power supply, cap, or IR sensor correction fixed the problem please?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Samsung TV UN55F6300 standby flashing continously
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Samsung TV UN55F6300 standby flashing continously
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
If Sam won't do an one time warranty extenstion.

Look at how or where you bought it. Costco seems to get you covered for year 2. Credit cards might extend it too. Then we have the cheaper exit. Go ahead and extend the warranty and in the fine print you can't claim for 30 days. If they are playing tight to the rules on just past warranty coverage, use that in your favor.

Your other post had more detail. I'll use that detail here.

- Collapse -
AMEX has one year extended warranty...

Thanks !!
Indeed I purchased with an AMEX card in January 2014 so with the extended one year looks like I am good for reimbursement for service and parts to repair.
I would still like to know if anyone had similar repair and what part(s) did the trick

- Collapse -
I have friends in the service industry.

What they find usually does not apply as the failures don't often repeat. That is, one time it's a board, the next it's a loose connection and then it's firmware. Try AVSFORUM if you want to get more exposure.

CNET Forums