Question

Samsung TV Remote No. BN59-00849A

I cannot disable the "nitelight" on my remote. I have not seen this Model number referenced on this site and am going through batteries frequently.
The remote Model No. is BN59-00849A and the tv Model No. is UN46B8500XFXZA. Can you help ?

Discussion is locked

Answer
Follow
Reply to: Samsung TV Remote No. BN59-00849A
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Samsung TV Remote No. BN59-00849A
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Sadly not in the way you may expect.

I have a lot of electronics background and would dive in and remove the backlight LEDs if this had to be done. Or I'd go get some universal replacement remote.

- Collapse -
Answer
Sensing ligth issue

In the top right hand corner of the remote just above the TV button, the remote control has a sensor if that sensor is blocked by dust or dirt try to clean it..

This is an information took it from the user's manual:

SENSING WINDOW: Senses the brightness of the room and determines whether to turn on the backlight of the remote control button or not. The Backlight enables you to find the remote buttons more easily in a dark room

CNET Forums

Forum Info