General discussion

Samsung TV problems while watching blu rays

I have a Samsung BDP1600 blu ray player and Samsung PN50b530 50inch plasma. When I watch blu ray movies I have a reoccuring issue where my tv will randomly change the volume up a notch or it will disconnect the blu ray player and switch to the tv mode. This becomes quite an annoying glitch as the blu ray player does not resume where the movie was and restarts the disc from the beginning when it is turned off.

This problem has only occurred while watching blu rays. It has not happened while watching DVDs on the blu ray player. I have the blu ray player connected through an HDMI port. I tried switching HDMI ports but the problem persists. I have also tried disabling the Anynet feature, but the problem still occurs.

I also have an issue with the tv where I will try to turn on the tv using the touch panel controls and it will not turn on. I have to touch "volume +" or "channnel +" first from the touch panel controls and then if i hit the power button, it will turn on. This happens occasionally, not every time.

I have updated the firmware on both my tv and blu ray player to the latest version.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Samsung TV problems while watching blu rays
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Samsung TV problems while watching blu rays
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments

CNET Forums

Forum Info