General discussion

Samsung TV model code HLN4365WX/XAA & a PS3 problem

I just moved in with a new roomie who has the above tv. I'm trying to hook up my PS3 and went out and bought a HDMI - DVI converter since there is no HDMI hookup on the back of the tv. When I turned on the PS3 and changed the tv input to DVI, a message in red reading, "Not supported mode" shows up. I don't know why that would be the case.

Thanks for any feedback.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Samsung TV model code HLN4365WX/XAA & a PS3 problem
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Samsung TV model code HLN4365WX/XAA & a PS3 problem
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
From what I read.

That's a HDCP issue on DVI. So back to HDMI to HDMI. You can't convert HDMI to DVI due to the HDCP issues. This is not an offer to write a tutorial about HDCP and how the PS3 won't work without it. But it is the issue.

If no HDMI you are stuck with old RCA video jacks and cables.
Bob

- Collapse -
Samsung TV model code HLN4365WX/XAA & a PS3 problem

matty_mdz,

To add what was already posted, Mode Not Supported can also indicate that the resolution being sent is either too high, or too low from what the supported resolutions are.

In some cases, you might try to switch the resolution of the game console to see if that gives you better results.

--HDTech

CNET Forums

Forum Info