General discussion

Samsung TV LN32C350 White screen

I would greatly appreciate some help. I bought this TV (32" LCD) with a Panasonic blu-ray home theater system (Panasonic SC-BT230) and am in the process of figuring out connections. A problem we are having is that the screen flashes white intermittently. This started happening, FWIW, while I was working the "plug&play" menu, but has continued while we watch a movie. I thought it might be the cable, but it still happens when the cable is disconnected from the TV. About every 30-60 seconds, the image will flash to white (you can barely see "ghosts") for about 5 seconds, then back to image. I have not been able to find an answer.

(Not sure if important, but I also have a wireless USB plugged into the blu-ray player, but have not been successful connecting to our wireless router.)

Please help? Should I just return the TV and get another one?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Samsung TV LN32C350 White screen
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Samsung TV LN32C350 White screen
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Samsung TV LN32C350 White screen - New!

PhillyBG,

If you're able to trace it back to the TV, and it does that with nothing connected, then I might inquire about an exchange. I've not seen this symptom posted about before, but it sounds like either a replacement or sending it in for repair.

--HDTech

- Collapse -
White screen

Thank you -- just got back from BB with a new one. We'll see how this does! I appreciate your reply.

- Collapse -
White screen

PhillyBG,

Thanks for the update. Let me know how it turns out.

--HDTech

- Collapse -
White screen resolved

Hi,
It hasn't been a problem on the new set, so it was apparently the TV. Thank you again --

- Collapse -
White screen resolved

PhillyBG,

Good news. I'm glad to hear it worked out. Happy

--HDTech

CNET Forums

Forum Info