Question

Samsung TV LN-T4066F problem.

I have contacted Samsung and a Service Department and neither have been helpful in isolating my issue. What I have SOUNDS like a capacitor problem but it isn't the same. My model number is LN-T4066F. What happens is after the night remaining off when I turn my monitor on and boot my PC the display turns on normally. However when ever I switch to a different view. IE I open up internet explorer, firefox, a video game or open up my control panel via the windows start etc. I lose the display momentarily. Screen goes black. Power light blinks and it clicks. It will turn right back on then if I still have the offending window/application open it will do it again until I close the window. This persists for 10 to 20 mins then it stops doing it altogether as if the hardware has warmed up. I can tolerate this problem however I am afraid of it escalating to where the TV is no longer useable. I don't have the disposable income right now to pay for a repair and the service center wouldnt even give me the courtesy of confirming or denying the capacitor problem and Samsung merely told me that this model was made BEFORE the models they were willing to repair for free even though I have seen conflicting information online.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Samsung TV LN-T4066F problem.
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Samsung TV LN-T4066F problem.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Samsung TV LN-T4066F problem

Jim_Stevens,

- Collapse -
Answer
Sounds like old times.

My old PCs did that a lot as they switched output resolutions. Today, the makers of laptops and PCs take pains to avoid such by customizing the driver to lock down the output resolution so this doesn't happen. If you see Apple, they do this about the best I've seen.

Doesn't sound like a display issue but one of the Windows annoyances.
Bob

- Collapse -
Answer

I have updated my Video Driver. I did so in 2 manners. The first via ATI's site and the second directly through HP's site hoping they had a specific driver I need. I have had the TV for 3 plus years now and this just started occuring within the week and while it has only happened once. It has done it when I switched my video input to Composite 2 to see if the problem occurred with my X-Box. The latter leads me to believe it is hardware. Though for the life of me I can not find any one matching my exact problems. This evening I will leave the TV unplugged which should reset the TV back to factory settings. I am hoping the problem is there with the TV. Thing is I have seen many people with similar though not identical problems to mine with this and very similar models and for them it is the capacitors on the power supply. What is confusing me is that the problem WAS only occuring within the 10 to 20 mins after turning the TV on. Whether I rebooted the PC or not. It has happened hours after turning the TV on for one game I was playing though which is concerning me that the problem is escalating. If it weren't the problem occuring on my X-Box which is in no way connected to my PC nor the same video input I would believe it was entirely software based.

- Collapse -

Jim_Stevens,

CNET Forums