Samsung forum

General discussion

Samsung TV interferes with Comcast remote

My new Samsung TV (PN59D550) causes my Comcast remote control to stop functioning. If I turn the TV off, the comcast remote works fine. But with the TV on, the remote ceases to work with the Comcast box.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung TV interferes with Comcast remote
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung TV interferes with Comcast remote
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Samsung TV interferes with Comcast remote

In reply to: Samsung TV interferes with Comcast remote

DCIrvine,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having this issue.

Try moving the cable box to a slightly different location to see if that helps. I'm not sure why the signal from the PN59D550 TV would overpower a cable box's ability to communicate with the remote, but in the past, moving the cable box to a different location may be the answer. If not, the TV may need to be inspected by a technician.

--HDTech

Collapse -
More likely the cablebox or TV

"

If not, the TV may need to be inspected by a technician."It more likely has something to do with the cablebox or remote, not the TV~

Collapse -
Comcast Remote Reprogaming

In reply to: More likely the cablebox or TV

I don't know how this would happen only mistake,but; sounds like the remote control error in it's programing..
Did you program the Comcast remote to operate your TV volume?
Interferance would mean the tv is transmitting a harmonic siginal over a multiband and this would be very strange.
Try master reset on remote...
I don't know the codes but comcast will help..

Have A Great Day!!

Collapse -
SAME problem

Hi,
I am having this exact same problem right now.
Just got Comcast installed on Friday. When the TV is on, Comcast remote doesn't work at all on the cable box, but DOES work on the volume/power for the TV. When I shut the TV off, the cable remote works fine.
My Samsung TV is LN40C610. Interestingly, when I bought the TV two years ago, I had Comcast cable and did NOT experience this problem. I've now moved into a new home, had a new Comcast install and new Comcast cable box... same TV, and the Comcast remote does NOT work when the TV is on.
Could the problem be with the Comcast programming of the remote, or the new Comcast HDMI box?
Thanks for any help you might be able to give me.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!

Best Black Friday Deals

CNET editors are busy culling the list and highlighting what we think are the best deals out there this holiday season.