Question

Samsung Tv has no audio when connected to 3d speaker system

<span id="INSERTION_MARKER">I have just bought a new Television Model No.PS51E550D1MXXY Series 5+ to go with a just bought Samsung Bluray Home Entertainment System (Model HT-E5550W/XY). I can get audio just for the tv at one time or if i want to use the bluray i have to manually change it to the surround sound speakers and back and forth. Am I able to get use of the surround speakers for just the tv as well as the bluray? And preferably only one button to change from tv to bluray as at the moment i can go to support and change to audio back and forth from tv and bluray? Hope you all understand! Any help is appreciated.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Samsung Tv has no audio when connected to 3d speaker system
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Samsung Tv has no audio when connected to 3d speaker system
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Re: Samsung TV has no audio when connected to 3D speaker

Hi trinaoden,

Thanks for your message. But just so you know, if you want Samsung support, I support US products and customers. And from what I can tell, this model is for Australia. (Correct me if I'm wrong.) So while I can't help you directly, if you want Samsung help, here's the Samsung Australia portal for support on that product: http://www.samsung.com/au/support/model/PS51E550D1MXXY

But we got a nice little community here that includes people from everywhere in the world, and they might have a few other suggestions to help you out.

Hope this helps you!

Regards,
HD Tech

- Collapse -
Thanks for your help!

Thankyou very much...for making me realise im still in Australia (i have a tendency to forget where i am when on the internet). I shall go to the Samsung Aussie site and see whats there. Thanks again!

- Collapse -
Answer
Hard to follow. But let's try this.

1. TV speakers enabled at the same time as the 3D speakers?

No. Here's why. Because of small audio delays that are in these systems this won't work. I can't explain why the makers have not cured or found a way to keep audio in sync but this means you can't have the TV speakers enabled at the same time as your HT system speakers.

2. "one button"

This is a common request and if the current controls don't do this you need to look at the Logitech Harmony to get this done.

Hope this helps,
Bob

- Collapse -
Answer
I think I confused myself!

Thanks for your advice! I assumed that I couldn't have sound through tv speakers and stereo speakers at the same time (would have been good though) but would you know if i can have no tv speakers and just use the stereo speakers for the tv and the bluray? Atm I am switching the tv between speakers for either tv or bluray. I understand if you don't understand. But thought i'd ask anyway!

CNET Forums